Could This be a Bobcat?

DrB

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I don't think so. It looks like a domestic cat. The tail and the markings aren't right.

Thanks,  was just curious before I go out and chase away.  That thing is huge.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I had a client that had a Bobcat. I was at his house one night. The thing walked into the room, jumped up into my lap and started purring. At this point, I didn't know he had a Bobcat. He lived on the edge of the desert in northeast Phoenix and his patio door was open. I thought the damned thing had just wondered in. Who owns a ******* Bobcat?

So, I started petting it. When a thirty-five pound cat lays down in your lap and starts purring, you pet it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

Who owns a ****ing Bobcat?

So, I started petting it. When a thirty-five pound cat lays down in your lap and starts purring, you pet it.

Someone who need stiches.

I don't think it's a maine coon but those suckers get freakishly big.

The Maine Coon is the largest breed of domestic cat. On average, males weigh from 13 to 18 lb (5.9 to 8.2 kg) with females weighing from 8 to 12 lb (3.6 to 5.4 kg).[19] The height of adults can vary between 10 and 16 in (25 and 41 cm) and they can reach a length of up to 48 in (120 cm), including the tail, which can reach a length of 14 in (36 cm)[20] and is long, tapering, and heavily furred, almost resembling a raccoon's tail. The

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Historian said:

Someone who need stiches.

I don't think it's a maine coon but those suckers get freakishly big.

The Maine Coon is the largest breed of domestic cat. On average, males weigh from 13 to 18 lb (5.9 to 8.2 kg) with females weighing from 8 to 12 lb (3.6 to 5.4 kg).[19] The height of adults can vary between 10 and 16 in (25 and 41 cm) and they can reach a length of up to 48 in (120 cm), including the tail, which can reach a length of 14 in (36 cm)[20] and is long, tapering, and heavily furred, almost resembling a raccoon's tail. The

My client's Bobcat was fun to watch. There was a couch in his living room that it liked to pee on, so in addition to having the perimeter of the back yard set up for the shock collar the Bobcat wore, he put a beacon in the living room that covered the couch and most of the living room. I watched this cat for almost an hour exploring the limits of the shock radius around that couch. He made some absolutely miraculous jumps and other maneuvers, in his attempts. He was very intelligent. He remembered everywhere he probed and never hit the same area twice. He was something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I know is that is the biggest damn cat I have ever seen.  I wanted to put a dollar bill by it's side and snap a picture while it was sunning itself but that wasn't going to happen.  Dang thing was mean.  I gave it a choice to either leave or eat a couple of gold dots. It went bye.....

Dave.

Edited by DrB
  • Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, DrB said:

Some used car salesman is missing a pair of plaid pants they used for that interior..

The whole world was doing some crazy **** with interior styling back then. It just seemed normal then. Weird.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

He remembered everywhere he probed and never hit the same area twice. He was something.

Must have been interesting getting the collar on,  

Your client sounds...interesting.

His cat thinks Friskies are for wimps.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Historian said:

He was an odd duck. He owned Special Weapons LLC, back in the late 1990s and 2000s. I'm not sure if they are still around. They built HK-53, MP-5 and a few other HK clones. They made their own stainless steel receivers and they were nicely done. The rest of the weapons were ok.

He told me that night of his plans to buy a tiger. That just doesn't seem like a normal thing for someone to want to do. I don't know.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Historian said:

From what my client told me, keeping a cat like that in captivity presents some real challenges. It is hard to keep their diet adjusted to keep them healthy. He used to have to cook for it every day, things like fresh turkey and rice, plus vitamins and such. It had to go to the vet regularly and he had to adjust its diet periodically. It sounded like a PITA. Like so many things, Bobcats do just fine on their own, as long as we don't screw with them. In the wild, they manage their own diets and health quite nicely. Wild animals shouldn't be pets. It is dangerous and it isn't fair to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric said:

He used to have to cook for it every day, things like fresh turkey and rice, plus vitamins and such. It had to go to the vet regularly and he had to adjust its diet periodically. I

Must have been an interesting ride to the vet.

• Like 2

regular cat .    not a bobcat , no tuffs on ears   and not pointy enough .  or .....could be a   MOCCASIN   

we   got bobcat  in our woods , seen it quite a bit . caught it stalking me once.  it is the largest one ive ever seen here .  i got some trail cam pics somewhere i need to find them 

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DrB said:

It's sleeping here out in the sun right now.  I'm not going out saying "Here Kitty Kitty".

No.  Bob tails, well have bobbed tails, and markings.  A Manx is similar except, again a short tail.  Maine Coon Cats, domesticated can be up to 20 pounds.