Jump to content

Recommended Posts

June 14th is also National Bourbon Day.

 

Coincidence? I think not.

Salude, my fellow Army vets. Eleven Bravo leads the way!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The U.S. Army, my second family!

11B and other 11 series and drill Sergeant.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16C - Nike Hercules Fire Control crewman.

I should have stayed in. A lot of good memories for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coonan357 said:

16C - Nike Hercules Fire Control crewman.

I should have stayed in. A lot of good memories for me.

My oldest brother worked on the Nike-Hercules in Germany, during his first hitch. He later reupped and became a tank driver, just as they were transitioning to the M1 Abrams in Germany. Good timing. 

He used to tease me about going Infantry. I told him once that our two MOSs had something in common; We both spent a lot of time training to kill tanks. :crylikeender:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eric said:

My oldest brother worked on the Nike-Hercules in Germany, during his first hitch. He later reupped and became a tank driver, just as they were transitioning to the M1 Abrams in Germany. Good timing. 

He used to tease me about going Infantry. I told him once that our two MOSs had something in common; We both spent a lot of time training to kill tanks. :crylikeender:

Any chance that your brother's name is Herman and he was in Germany in the early '80s?

My buddy over there started off in the Air Force, transitioned to Nike Hercules and then to tanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coonan357 said:

Any chance that your brother's name is Herman and he was in Germany in the early '80s?

My buddy over there started off in the Air Force, transitioned to Nike Hercules and then to tanks.

Nah. His name was Bill(Butch) Powell. He was a Nike-Hercules tech in the early eighties. He transitioned to tanks and went back to Germany in 1984. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...