June 14th is also National Bourbon Day.

Coincidence? I think not.

Salude, my fellow Army vets. Eleven Bravo leads the way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The U.S. Army, my second family!

11B and other 11 series and drill Sergeant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16C - Nike Hercules Fire Control crewman.

I should have stayed in. A lot of good memories for me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coonan357 said:

16C - Nike Hercules Fire Control crewman.

I should have stayed in. A lot of good memories for me.

My oldest brother worked on the Nike-Hercules in Germany, during his first hitch. He later reupped and became a tank driver, just as they were transitioning to the M1 Abrams in Germany. Good timing. 

He used to tease me about going Infantry. I told him once that our two MOSs had something in common; We both spent a lot of time training to kill tanks. :crylikeender:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Eric said:

My oldest brother worked on the Nike-Hercules in Germany, during his first hitch. He later reupped and became a tank driver, just as they were transitioning to the M1 Abrams in Germany. Good timing. 

He used to tease me about going Infantry. I told him once that our two MOSs had something in common; We both spent a lot of time training to kill tanks. :crylikeender:

Any chance that your brother's name is Herman and he was in Germany in the early '80s?

My buddy over there started off in the Air Force, transitioned to Nike Hercules and then to tanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coonan357 said:

Any chance that your brother's name is Herman and he was in Germany in the early '80s?

My buddy over there started off in the Air Force, transitioned to Nike Hercules and then to tanks.

Nah. His name was Bill(Butch) Powell. He was a Nike-Hercules tech in the early eighties. He transitioned to tanks and went back to Germany in 1984.