Amazon Prime One Day Shipping

DrB

I have been getting that on more and more things and they have indeed been showing up the next day.

I suspect someone at Amazon realized that in many cases the UPS and FedEx were only holding 2 day packages for an extra day to extract value from the 1 day service ie, it really does not cost them more to get it to you in one day so Amazon negotiated a deal to get one day for no added charge in many cases.

I was just watching an interview with Jeff Bezos, he seems like a very sharp guy- focused on the long game and looks for real meaningful information.  I wish more American CEOs had his brains, most are just powered with ego and bullshit.

45 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

I have been getting that on more and more things and they have indeed been showing up the next day.

I suspect someone at Amazon realized that in many cases the UPS and FedEx were only holding 2 day packages for an extra day to extract value from the 1 day service ie, it really does not cost them more to get it to you in one day so Amazon negotiated a deal to get one day for no added charge in many cases.

I was just watching an interview with Jeff Bezos, he seems like a very sharp guy- focused on the long game and looks for real meaningful information.  I wish more American CEOs had his brains, most are just powered with ego and bull****.

?????

25 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

?????

What is the question?  Do you think most CEOs do a good job?  I guess I should not have said most since I do not follow the actions of many CEOs, I just know the CEO of the company I work for and a few others.  They are focused on quarter end at all costs and just want to be told they are great rather than think about what they are doing.  We had a great CEO 3 CEOs ago but the last ones have been totally driven by stock price.  Unfortunately, a lot of what they do works for getting the stock price up but it does nothing to improve the companies service or profitability.

• Like 1

Just now, pipedreams said:

Bezos may be smart but look what he is doing to our society with his liberal driven agenda.

Yeah, that seems to be a pretty wide spread disease.  I don't understand how otherwise intelligent people fall for liberalism.  I have not payed much attention to his politics to be honest, and I am certainly not impressed with his marital fidelity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueiron said:

Amazon makes plenty of profit. Bezos simply twists GAAP to obscure the profits within other aspects of his empire, most likely non-profit foundations and/or money losing businesses in order to abuse the tax code.

There is probably plenty of that but he is also always trying new things and spending money to get into businesses that my not pay off for years.  His space program and WholeFoods are probably in that category.

I appreciate the fact that Amazon looks for things that make it easier for their customer to do business with them and for things their customers actually want.  Not just crap that can make them the most money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

He did some thinking with the wrong head...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been divorced..  Guilty as s***t here also. I won't throw stones in a glass house .

Dave..