Anybody know what this is?

gwalchmai

1 hour ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Since it is no longer available it is automatically an antique and collectible. I’ll give you a buck and a half for it. 

That sounds smashing, I mean, squishing, I mean-ow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Since it is no longer available it is automatically an antique and collectible. I’ll give you a buck and a half for it. 

The estate sale is next week. Come on down. They're going for $10 for the pair the first day, then 50% of that the second day, then 25%. I doubt they'll survive the first day.

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

The estate sale is next week. Come on down. They're going for $10 for the pair the first day, then 50% of that the second day, then 25%. I doubt they'll survive the first day.

Free member entrapment and squishing and flowers for mom. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Umm, even though I was the first person to find the thing online...I'm still not clear on what the hell this thing is used for....

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Wilton also makes bar clamps which will mount onto these. If it hasn't been sold yet I'll mount 'em up and post a pic. I think the bar clamp mounts horizontally on this gizmo to make a kind of mini-vise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Umm, even though I was the first person to find the thing online...I'm still not clear on what the hell this thing is used for....

Bar clamps have a steel bar that two padded clamp arms mount on.  The clamp is adjustable in width to clamp wide things.  The bar of the clamp is clamped in the thing you found to hold the clamp and what it is clamping in a more accessible position for work and glue setting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Anyone care to enlighten me?

No I can't help but I can put you in touch with Madam Sadie's Torture Palace if you really want to know....  Never been there of course, it just came up as a Google search for this...

Dave..

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Bar clamps have a steel bar that two padded clamp arms mount on.  The clamp is adjustable in width to clamp wide things.  The bar of the clamp is clamped in the thing you found to hold the clamp and what it is clamping in a more accessible position for work and glue setting.

Yes, it is a clamp clamp.

• Haha 1