Two weeks from today...

Zonny

31 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Not even salmon?

Had two salmon trips booked. Restrictions now in place. Numbers coming upstream are not good enough. No King fishing this year's trip :(

Edited by Zonny
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, tous said:

How do you think the kraken feels about it?

Long ago, my wife and I had the children at a city park out in the rural area.  The city make a park around a very, very, small lake and a very high hill.  The very small lake was dredged and stocked with game fish, and a dock was installed for visitors to try their luck fishing. The hill was high enough probably 70 or 80 feet, that the local model airplane free flight enthusiasts used to fly their planes from the top of it.

One of my girls about 8 years old, was sitting on the dock and splashing the water alternately, with just the soles of her tennis shoes hitting the surface of the water.  I told her not to get her tennis shoes wet, and subsequently her feet.  I lifted her up by her armpits and just at I pulled her away, a Northern Pike or a Muskie made a lunge for her foot, and missed.  It came out of the water enough to see it was about 6 or 8 lbs.  Lots of teeth!

We had a long talk about predator fish attacking a helpless "thing" splashing in the water.  Unfortunately she thought it was cool and didn't see the potential for harm.

I thought it was one hell of an experience.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

When my oldest was a toddler we rented a lake house until we bought our home.  I was fishing off the dock and warned him to stay away.  The water was murky enough, I didn't know the depth.  But, like all little kids, plop-splash.  One flip phone and blue tooth later I found out it came up to about my waste as I found him and threw him over the bulk head onto shore.  He was no worse for wear, but I was wet with destroyed phone and ear piece.  I was less than happy.

• Like 1