Glacier National Park quietly removed a visitor center sign saying its iconic glaciers will disappear by 2020 due to climate change.

gwalchmai

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/07/national-park-glacier-warnings/?fbclid=IwAR03MSiH4VbuRK731uh7e0_9jFHGzLDsukkwh0aRSEc9nZraWuonPuLlaAM

“Glacier retreat in Glacier National Park speeds up and slows down with fluctuations in the local climate,” the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), which monitors Glacier National Park, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“Those signs were based on the observation prior to 2010 that glaciers were shrinking more quickly than a computer model predicted they would,” USGS said. “Subsequently, larger than average snowfall over several winters slowed down that retreat rate and the 2020 date used in the NPS display does not apply anymore.”

hmmmm....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It has been revealed that much of the "climate change" furor is based on "computer predictions".

If our planet doesn't act like the computer predictions say it should,  then it's proof of mankind's imminent demise, and always our fault.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, janice6 said:

It's what happens to those who try to predict results due to variability, when  you don't understand all the variables.  The problem is to convince those who don't know, that you know, when you don't.

I am afraid it is easier to convince the idiots in power that you DO know than it is to convince them that those that claim they know don't.  Their ego seems to drive them to believe they have the answer.

People are stupid.

Edited by RenoF250
My typing is terrible
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 4:57 AM, Huaco Kid said:

This is clearly the fault of greed humans, specifically Donald Trump and conservatives.  Something needs to be done, call the UN!!

Could make for a good man on the street interview.  I bet you could get many idiots to go along with the idea that it is caused by all of the solar panels sucking the energy out of the sun.

Edited by RenoF250
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RenoF250 said:

I am afraid it is easier to convince the idiots in power that you DO know than it is to prove than it is to convince them that those that claim they know don't.  Their ego seems to drive them to believe they have the answer.

People are stupid.

This is true.  One of the first rules I learned in life, was to know what you don't know

It's not a bad thing to admit you don't know the answer to a question.  It's only bad if you don't find out the answer to that question.

Had a talk with my grandson this weekend about the climate change he and several others of his class talked about. 

Come to find out the Midwest is now in the thick of the indoctrinations. :(

When we got to discussing how everyone decided on what they were going to say, the school had 4 or 5 items they could choose from. Notice I said choose. They didn't get to come up with anything on their own.

I have been talking to all 3 of my grands that are in school -the oldest is 15 and the youngest is 10. The most I could say to them was to not go along with the masses and think for themselves and use the values we've taught them since they were babies. Power is knowledge so learn what you can, do your own research and come up with your own conclusions. Then ask me for the answer....(just kidding)

MAGA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1