97 year old paratrooper ...

SilverRidge01

Jumped again in the same area he did during the Normandy invasion, now folks that's my hero, said the landing wasn't great, the one during the war was better, asked why he jumped again, said he still enjoys the thrill of jumping out of an airplane but there is no enemy fire directed at him so the thrill isn't as great, amazing gent I salute him and all veterans of the war of all wars and all veterans that served in conflicts to protect our way of life against tyranny,  You are honored by all citizens on this historic day ....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, janice6 said:

Like many things in life, the first obstacle is to overcome your fear.  Even these elderly still exhibit the same courage that they had on D day.

These older gents were born to be heroes, it's in their DNA to put their lives in harms way the way they did with tremendous odds against their survival was just unreal, to run onto a beach covered with automatic weapons fire from all directions takes a special breed and I know what breed it was, an American fighting man, God bless America !! 

:patriot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1