"Guns of the 80s" on Amazon Prime

SC Tiger

I found something on Amazon Prime called "Guns of the 80s".  It had some neat guns featured.  Among them:

The Pancor Jackhammer - toolroom sample, never went into production but lives on in movie and video game lore because it does look cool:

latest?cb=20180421013155

Perhaps had some potential in it's day.  Would like to see what a production sample would look like.  This one had some stuff on it (mainly the forend) that wasn't on it originally.

Demro XF-7 Wasp - cool looking but kinda meh.....:

31eb9723dd32119781e1c03bbbd6f3ae.jpg

Street Sweeper (actually a still from the show) - these were the first "high capacity" (10 round) shotguns and worked kind of like a double-action revolver EXCEPT you had to wind it up before shooting it (rather like a toy car), and it loaded more like a Colt SAA....

maxresdefault.jpg

They also had a barrel/cylinder gap and the associated crap that comes along with that.  True, unadulterated ****.  Though the SA ones were supposedly better.

French FAMAS:

f1famas29.jpg

Cool looking, integrated bipod is cool, mag release is similar to the one on the Tavor that gets rave reviews for it's speed, but crap trigger.

Cobray Terminator (who on Earth woke up one morning and decided that the world needed a single-shot shotgun that fires from an open bolt?)

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the barrel actually slid back when you pulled the trigger, to fire it against a fixed firing pin.  Really?

CETME Model L (But you could'a had an H&K)

modern-556mm-assault-rifle-spanish-cetme

Wasn't bad, the sample they had would do full auto, but it did jam.  Apparently they are ammo-sensitive.

Uzi Carbine:

Uzi_of_the_israeli_armed_forces.jpg

I think he had one of the ones made in the US, that wasn't that great.  Cool guns but obsolete now.  Design-wise probably the best of the bunch.

I'd heard of most of those but never have seen much on them or seen them disassembled, etc.  Most are absolute crap - the Jackhammer might have had some potential but was a toolroom sample, and the FAMAS isn't bad ( has a feature for the mag release that is oddly similar to the Tavor which people love), and the CETME isn't horrible (though it jammed when they demo'd firing it full auto).  The COBRAY is a single-shot open-bolt POS shotgun and the Street Sweeper is probably the worst of the bunch.  The host said it was not fun to shoot at all and only fired six rounds through it.  I think it was the American copy - the South African/Rhodesian ones weren't too bad I don't think).

Anyway - was interesting to see.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1