Rabbi

Little things in life that make you happy.

My son laughing from the other room, he has a wicked and well developed sense of humor

• Like 1

From Homer Simpson:

“Look at those poor saps back on land with their laws and ethics! They’ll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight.”

• Haha 1

Waking up to sunshine and with a great plan for the day, even if its only mowing the grass and going to the beach.

Buying something I have long planned. It's Christmas all over again.

Being alive alone makes me happy.

Sitting on the porch petting the dog and looking out at the yard and not seeing a road, any one else's car, not hearing any one else's kids. Walking under the cypress trees I planted on a hot day.

IMG_3650gt.jpg

IMG_3644gt.jpg

I actually was thinking about this thread this afternoon. As it hit 90 something in the sun I quit moving the last of my brush pile up by the campfire ring. Walked in the house and filled a big cold tumbler glass about three quarter full of crushed ice and then poured it half full of Jim Beam. Grabbed me a diet Pepsi and took a little swig to make room for a good dose of vanilla, went out on the porch to cool off a little bit in the rocker you can just barely see the top of it in that pic with the flag.

Set the Pepsi up on the rail post and set to making room for it in that glass of ice and when it looked like half of it or more would fit I started pouring it in a little fizzy drink at a time until I ran out of fizz and ice at just about the same time. Heck, come to think of it the glass was clean empty by then so me and Duke took a little stroll and managed to stay in the shade all the way around the yard until we were back up on the porch. By the time I took a shower and tied up the dog the wife was home from work timing all that out just about perfect. Yep, it don't take much to make me happy.

Edited by Jack Ryan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2017 at 1:59 PM, Taco Junkie said:

What?  We can't cuss here anymore?   Well ****!. That was going to be my simple pleasure....

You can turn off the bad word filter in your account settings. 

• Thanks 2

I watched a touching video of a little four year old girl with cerebral palsy rejoicing over her ability to walk a few feet, and even take a 'big step'. So I went for a walk and took some big steps, and was very happy to be able to do so. I am thankful I can be taught the real joys in life from little children - they are the ones who know best!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/05/touching-video-captures-4-year-olds-first-steps-after-life-changing-surgery.html

• Like 2

Fresh Coffee

My dog hugging me

Making my wife and Grand daughters happy.

Waking up again

Creating something from a raw materials

Visiting with my kids

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 11:26 AM, Happyguy said:

Regards,

Happyguy :)

I prefer the Terry Pratchett version

To be frank:  I have a hard time with this.   Happiness in general.  And I have nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Things that do make me happy:  A long walk during a good hunt.  A fine glass of Scotch in a dark room late at night. My wonderful wife's laugh.  A cup of black coffee as the sun rises.

8 hours ago, BigDuke45 said:

My wife my kids and Grand kids .  Taking my dog Maggie who is a beagle for a ride in the car.  

My last two beagles threw up ever single ride in a vehicle.  Since puppyhood.  :dunno:

happiness  truly only  happens  in 5 to 35 seconds  or a minute   to minutes  in life  as the clock ticks  , ive got so much little things i could post them all . when you health problems  and 3 or 4 times   fight cancer or pre cancer  the little

thing kinda take a back seat.   i think getting that phone call that hings are ok for now  is what i get happy about  and this .. 

IMG_5895.jpg

• Thanks 1

First off a nice cold glass of water. Basic as it is but if ya can’t appeciat that you are lost, visited friends parents the other day, Italians and as a first generation know the whole come in my house and ya have to accept something. They offered wine ,I went for water for driving purposes.

nothing better and basic as a good glass of water.

On 7/7/2018 at 10:50 AM, redrick said:

That special time with a woman .

Hopefully she enjoys little things too. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my son (16) playing with his baby sister (3). on the living room floor she's flopping on him and rolling around, laughing like crazy.

Watching the bats flying through the air summer mornings and evenings when I have the dog out. Bats becoming less and less here each year. 

Watching my Border Collie run free through my farm fields being free to be a dog to explore.  Getting woke up way early in the morning with a nose in my face because she want's to start her day. Not much can be better for me.

Dave..

• Thanks 1