Very possibly the dumbest comment I have ever read.

Silentpoet

The suppressor made him a much more effective killer, as both the victims and police thought the shooter was much farther away than he was. But the .45 is too large a round to silence completely. He would have been smarter to use a suppressed .22. He could have killed a larger number of people and gotten clean away.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-beach-police-zero-in-on-shooters-weapons-cache-and-job-background

The comment in question is a comment on the above article.   I don't even know where to begin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-beach-police-zero-in-on-shooters-weapons-cache-and-job-background

The comment in question is a comment on the above article.   I don't even know where to begin.

New Yorkers, known nothing about suppressors suppress sounds, like a muffler on a truck.  You still know more or less where the truck is and that it is coming.  One without a muffler, you hear longer off.  

As far as Trump banning things based on the shooting I guess he has options:

1. Ban the Glock 21

2. Ban the Kriss and SMG mags that fit in the Glock 21

3. Ban black people from owning Glock 21's

4. Ban black public employees from filling a BAFTE form for a suppressor.

5. Ban everyone in Virginia from owning a Glock 21 or corresponding high capacity magazines or mufflers.

6. Ban all public employees in Virginia from owning the above.

7. Ban everyone in the United States from having any of the above.

8. Allow people to own bump stocks again, because this didn't happen by a terrorist and child predator in Nevada.

9. Bitch slap Pelosi.

10. Bitch slap Diane Frankenstein.

My personal vote is for option 9 and 10.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” Albert Einstein

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” Søren Kierkegaard

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.” Euripides, The Bacchae

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” Harlan Ellison

“Stupidity is the same as evil if you judge by the results.” Margaret Atwood, Surfacing

“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.”
Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." [Thoughts on Various Subjects]”
Jonathan Swift , Abolishing Christianity and Other Essays

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

New Yorkers, known nothing about suppressors suppress sounds, like a muffler on a truck.  You still know more or less where the truck is and that it is coming.  One without a muffler, you hear longer off.  

As far as Trump banning things based on the shooting I guess he has options:

1. Ban the Glock 21

2. Ban the Kriss and SMG mags that fit in the Glock 21

3. Ban black people from owning Glock 21's

4. Ban black public employees from filling a BAFTE form for a suppressor.

5. Ban everyone in Virginia from owning a Glock 21 or corresponding high capacity magazines or mufflers.

6. Ban all public employees in Virginia from owning the above.

7. Ban everyone in the United States from having any of the above.

8. Allow people to own bump stocks again, because this didn't happen by a terrorist and child predator in Nevada.

9. Bitch slap Pelosi.

10. Bitch slap Diane Frankenstein.

My personal vote is for option 9 and 10.

None of that matters

they will focus on suppressors as the low hanging fruit and call for Trump to ban them, just like the bump stocks after Vegas.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

None of that matters

they will focus on suppressors as the low hanging fruit and call for Trump to ban them, just like the bump stocks after Vegas.

I haven't seen any calls or anything as the shooter was not white, and it did not happen on a school or campus.  And even if it did, the shooter was not white.  Thus, it might as well have never happened to Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I haven't seen any calls or anything as the shooter was not white, and it did not happen on a school or campus.  And even if it did, the shooter was not white.  Thus, it might as well have never happened to Democrats.

Watch

At the outset, the town hall focused on gun violence, in the wake of the massacre of 12 individuals Friday at a Virginia Beach municipal building.

"Americans are feeling ripped apart by the gun deaths we have seen, year after year, month after month," Gillibrand said. "The most outrageous thing that's happened to our democracy is how much fear, and division, and hate has been spread. I think the NRA is the worst organization in this country for doing exactly that. They care more about their profits than the American people."

Gillibrand went on to call for universal background checks, a bump stock ban, and a federal anti-weapons trafficking law. She accused the NRA of having a "chokehold" on members of Congress. (The Trump administration has already banned bump stocks, over the objections of some conservatives who raised concerns about the constitutionality of the sweeping executive order.)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gillibrand-hoping-to-revive-struggling-presidential-bid-takes-stage-at-fox-news-town-hall

• Sad 1

"This is the concern we were talking about when Republicans were trying to deregulate silencers as 'ear protection,'" said David Chipman, a retired agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and now the senior policy adviser with Giffords, a gun-control lobbying group.

"Especially on a handgun, a suppressor will distort the sound in such a way that it would not immediately be recognizable as gunfire to people who sort of know what that sound is."

But something greater must be done. The Virginia Beach shooter put a sound suppressor on his .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol so that the death shots were muffled, perhaps denying others the warning that would have allowed them to escape. It is long past time to remove the silencer that seems to suppress action on gun-control legislation, to treat mass shooting as the epidemic it is, and do everything possible to save lives.

The shooter who killed 12 people in a government office building in Virginia Beach used a firearm equipped with a suppressor that muffles the sound of gunfire. It's the nightmare scenario that gun-control advocates have warned about amid efforts in recent years to ease restrictions on the devices, which they say can help shooters escape detection and inflict more carnage.

They noticed 

• Sad 1

Little to nothing about the person that conspired and enacted this heinous act.  The perpetrator is secondary to the object used to kill. 

This is the demented reasoning of liberals.  This dialog is based on what we want to deny to others and not to the person and the cause of the murders.  Just the means.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dric902 said:

"This is the concern we were talking about when Republicans were trying to deregulate silencers as 'ear protection,'" said David Chipman, a retired agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and now the senior policy adviser with Giffords, a gun-control lobbying group.

"Especially on a handgun, a suppressor will distort the sound in such a way that it would not immediately be recognizable as gunfire to people who sort of know what that sound is."

But something greater must be done. The Virginia Beach shooter put a sound suppressor on his .45-caliber semiautomatic pistol so that the death shots were muffled, perhaps denying others the warning that would have allowed them to escape. It is long past time to remove the silencer that seems to suppress action on gun-control legislation, to treat mass shooting as the epidemic it is, and do everything possible to save lives.

The shooter who killed 12 people in a government office building in Virginia Beach used a firearm equipped with a suppressor that muffles the sound of gunfire. It's the nightmare scenario that gun-control advocates have warned about amid efforts in recent years to ease restrictions on the devices, which they say can help shooters escape detection and inflict more carnage.

They noticed 

I guess they should ban mufflers, so pedestrians  "would not immediately be recognizable as a vehicle to people who sort of know what that sound is."  The thing, no matter how you slice it is muffler that screws onto a firearm.   It never eliminates the sound of the weapon.  Even if you had the best "muffler" on a .22LR, you could still hear the action going back and forth.  Silencing a gunpowder weapon is a myth, brought to you by Hollyweird and believed by far too many seemingly intelligent people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

I guess they should ban mufflers, so pedestrians  "would not immediately be recognizable as a vehicle to people who sort of know what that sound is."  The thing, no matter how you slice it is muffler that screws onto a firearm.   It never eliminates the sound of the weapon.  Even if you had the best "muffler" on a .22LR, you could still hear the action going back and forth.  Silencing a gunpowder weapon is a myth, brought to you by Hollyweird and believed by far too many seemingly intelligent people.

I agree

but that doesn’t change the fact that somebody committed mass murder with a suppressor. They will make an issue of it in hopes that Trump will ban them, because he did with the bump stocks for the same reason.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I agree

but that doesn’t change the fact that somebody committed mass murder with a suppressor. They will make an issue of it in hopes that Trump will ban them, because he did with the bump stocks for the same reason.

.Image result for car hitting bikers

Time to ban cars and go to public transportation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1