Good Rx?

Zonny

On 6/1/2019 at 8:35 PM, Zonny said:

Anyone else priced their meds through one of the discount apps available?

Location problem I guess. Considerable savings IF I want drive to pharmacies in 3 towns with Good Rx. Maybe when I was younger, too much work and gas now.

I finally took Humana up on my Medicare stuff, the mail order pharm saves me about $100/month. Does that count?

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 3

On 6/1/2019 at 7:25 PM, Zonny said:

So, I just ran my maintenance meds through the Good Rx app. What I paid over $200 @ last refill for, will cost me approx $68 using the app and NOT using my insurance. This at the same pharmacy I always use. How can this be? What is this game they play between the insurance companies and the pharmaceuticals? 

Can you use the Good Rx app in conjunction with a regular insurance policy? A few years ago, my wife was told she could not use Good Rx if she had an insurance policy that would cover meds. Have they changed their policy?

I'll have to try this with my $250 eye drops, since I'm about out and seeing the doc this afternoon for a new scrip...

Holy Smokes.  According to the app, the ave retail cost is $202... and Kroger (where I usually get it, sells it for $220), but the app's  coupon to get it there would make it cost only $24.  I'm rather disturbed at the number of years I've shelled out over $250...

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'll have to try this with my $250 eye drops, since I'm about out and seeing the doc this afternoon for a new scrip...

Holy Smokes.  According to the app, the ave retail cost is $202... and Kroger (where I usually get it, sells it for $220), but the app's  coupon to get it there would make it cost only $24.  I'm rather disturbed at the number of years I've shelled out over $250...

Think of all the money you'll have for new firearms. Oh boy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Citra47 said:

Can you use the Good Rx app in conjunction with a regular insurance policy? A few years ago, my wife was told she could not use Good Rx if she had an insurance policy that would cover meds. Have they changed their policy?

Don’t know why.  The prices I quoted in the comparison were a purchase using ins and then with Good RX only.  No overlap. 

BTW,  I asked the tech if I needed to check the app periodically for updated prices and he said, "No. Those prices should be good until at least the end of the year."

Edited by Zonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use Good Rx often.  Just went to urgent care for back issues and got 2 Rx for way cheaper than my insurance.

My biggest saving have been for my kitten believe it or not.  She was on some $75/Rx thing for months that I got for $18 with GRX. 

It bothers me why or how this works, and is further evidence of a dysfunctional system.  It must have do do with rebates and kickbacks from the 42 people involved in the gravy train supply chain somewhere.  

I think the intent is to make the issue convoluted to defy any rational understanding that would preceed legislation .  They did not have to go to this length to confuse idiot politicians though.  A few 3 syllables words would have done it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pharmacists are prevented from offering this info, but if asked "Would the meds be cheaper without the insurance?" but YOU MUST ASK.

One of mine is $10 with insurance, $7 without. Also, watch for over the counter meds. Doc wrote for "Ranitidine" so I bought generic Zantac off the  shelf.

Mylicon is used for gas. Doc wrote for 10mg 4 times/day. She takes "Rolaids advanced" which contain 40 mg symethicone per tablet, packaging says take "No more than 7 tablets in 24 hours."

My crusade to make healthcare about patients instead of profit continues.