Do You Ever Wake Up Tired?

Moshe

It happens to me, when I have a whole night of one contiguous dream that spans a lifetime.  It happens every couple of months.  I just think it is my creative side of my mind punishing me for not creating something.

I've always been a light-sleeper. An ant walking by me in bed can wake me up.

It's OK, actually was pretty convenient in my 20s and 30s.

But by my age (60s), it gets old really fast.

Every once in a blue moon, I take an antihistamine. The difference is notable. But my sinuses wake up all dried up. And then I resort to a  nasal decongestant combination (phenylephrine HCI - Tussin CF).

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I sleep light when I can sleep.  However, when my dog gets up I wake up, cause I "hear" him looking at me.

I wake up between 4 & 5. I’ve been at this job for 9 years. About a 45 minute drive and I’m there before 7. Never use an alarm. My internal clock is pretty reliable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Better to wake up tired than to wake up dead.

i want to die like my grandpa, peacefully in my sleep.... Not screaming in a fearful panic like his passengers.

Edited by KWalrad
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Zonny said:

I wake up between 4 & 5. I’ve been at this job for 9 years. About a 45 minute drive and I’m there before 7. Never use an alarm. My internal clock is pretty reliable. 

Not the same hours but no alarm clock, either. Been that way since about 2005. However, what most people are amazed to find out is I usually go to bed about 2 and am up by 6 or 7 every day.

When I was working I needed an alarm clock.  I couldn't go to bed until Midnight at least, then I got up at 5 AM.  It was torture since I was a night person.

Now I'm retired, I go to bed around 2:30 AM and get up around 10 or 11 AM.  I feel so much better.  Nights are my time.

My dog stays up with me.  Now that he is 19, I don't look forward to being alone at night when he's gone.  My wife's a morning person.  She no longer says to me, "Good morning".  It never is.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

CT - I work in the oil patch.....Hell yeah I have and do woke up tired...so many GD times, it's normal....When I get back oversea's after about 3 months I am wore out.  Been this way the last 20 years at least...

I have been permanent resident since 2008 in Africa.... and I  work 10 months per year on average....although I have pulled 10 months straight.....but at least I am making good money for a blue collar man....but I have been in the oilfields for near to 42 year......just wearing out....

I cannot imagine what our men and women in the service endure....Respect and appreciation to them all !  Well done and Thank You.

So yes, waking up tired and the mind is foggy fuzzy and not refreshed.....it is real and it is not uncommon when you are working 7 days a GD week about 14 hours minimum a day.  But all I know is the oil patch....

But God willing...not much longer....planning to go to pasture effective 1-Jan-20.  Will have been from 1978...when I started roustabouting....to now....

I'm looking forward to getting used to not having to get the hell up after only 4 or 5 hours of sleep....I wonder how long it will take...

But I have ms gamboolgal to hold me and tie me up with them velvet ropes....to the old 4 poster back in Texas....lgA0Jzam.png

Lifes a Dance And You Learn As You Go 

gamboolman...

Edited by gamboolman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't woken up feeling truly rested since I was a child.

I am a hard-set night owl.  Years of going to bed and waking early didn't change that.  I just generally didn't sleep until hours after my head hit the pillow, and during the rare time I could sleep earlier I didn't rest well.

Now I am operating on my body clock and it is so much better...  But it isn't right.  I usually fall asleep quickly, but I may wake up early.  And I never rest as well as I should.  When I finally feel like I am catching up for more than one night in a row, it is followed by a night of insomnia that wrecks the upcoming week.

I accomplish things, but I could accomplish so much more if I wasn't losing so many hours just from being exhausted at all times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1