A Sad Day In Dog History

Moshe

So, the two month old kitten took on the 7 month old Rat Terrier.  I had to separate the kitten, because she was kicking his butt.  He is taller, has no tail and looks like a dog stilts, but she was taking him down like a lioness in the continent of Africa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Back in the 80s, my wife and I had a trawler that we used to keep at a marina in Mystic, CT. We adopted an older (vet estimated 12, but who knows) marina cat whose supposed "owners" didn't really take care of her. She owned the docks, and all the other boat owners knew and liked her. She was probably around 10 pounds, tops.

Anyway, one day I'm sitting on the aft deck with an adult beverage, and I see her come flying down the dock with a black Lab right on her tail. She got to the boat, jumped over the gunwale, and immediately turned, stood on her hind legs and started going at the dog's face (claws out) like a prizefighter on a speed bag. The dog started howling and took off.

I'll take most cats against most dogs, as long as the dog is alone. They get brave (and dangerous) in packs.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I'd hate to have to fight a cat anywhere near my size.

A cat my size would probably be a Mountain Lion, and most experts assure us that we wouldn't see it coming.  No.  I wouldn't tangle with a cat my size either.

• Like 1

Shortly before us kids left home and my dad was alone, he got two pure White Angora Cats.  They were pure White, about 12 lbs. each and had pink eyes.  They were the nastiest most vicious things I have ever seen. They would accept my dad but no one else.

They would sleep on the sofa and if someone went to sit down on it, they would growl and show their teeth just like a vicious dog.

Our home had a "Grand Entrance" in concrete from the sidewalk with brick pillars on either side of the steps up in to the house.  On nice Summer days, each cat would sit on a pillar watching the street and sidewalk.  When a dog would come walking down the sidewalk, one cat would jump down and walk down the sidewalk straight at the dog.  The other would go around behind the neighbor house and attack the dog from behind.

The poor dog and one cat on his head and the other on his back.  I used to chase the cats away but the damage was done to the poor dog.

My father kept those cats until he died.  I would have gotten rid of them long before then.  they were just plain mean!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My poor mastiff just wants something to play with, and the cats will have none of it.  He still hasn't learned not to stick his face within reach of their claws...  Seeing as how he is it would take 13 of the cats to equal one of him in weight, I think this is funny.  Until the crazier of the two cats takes a swipe at me...

• Like 2