Been painting all day

gwalchmai

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

So now it's time for libation. I'm having screwdrivers. What's your post-painting booze?

Same as the pre-painting and whilst-painting choice.

Beer. And plenty of it. I hate painting and can't stand to do it sober. I'd rather nail my foot to the deck and run around in circles.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I'd rather have a sister that was a prostitute than a brother that's a painter.

• Haha 1

I love painting, as long as it isn't the ceiling.  Last fall, I sent everyone away for a long weekend and painted all three bedrooms in the house.  This year, I am going to send them away and paint the kitchen/hallway/dining room/living room (that's more than I really want to do, but the open floor plan requires it).  Then every evening I'm going to sit outside with bottle of wine and stare at the stars...

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I love painting, as long as it isn't the ceiling.  Last fall, I sent everyone away for a long weekend and painted all three bedrooms in the house.  This year, I am going to send them away and paint the kitchen/hallway/dining room/living room (that's more than I really want to do, but the open floor plan requires it).  Then every evening I'm going to sit outside with bottle of wine and stare at the stars...

I can leave for the weekend... :supergrin:

• Haha 3

My post painting was for the structures I did outside.   That usually involved being tired and cleaning out brushes and securing the paint can lid if there were any.  My wife, on the other hand likes interior painting.  She originally painted my son's room pale blue, which he likes and sticks with.  My daughter was originally pink, now she has been in a teal/robins blue color.  So, now her room is teal. 

Mrs. G picked out a color called Accessible Beige for some of the rooms, and another called Balanced Beige for another room. For painting the garage we mixed up several cans of brown and white leftovers from last time and I called it Available Beige. To men they're all the same color - light tan-brown. Whenever she asks me for a wet brush in one of the colors for a touch-up I hand her whatever I'm using. She hasn't caught on yet... :supergrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Mrs. G picked out a color called Accessible Beige for some of the rooms, and another called Balanced Beige for another room. For painting the garage we mixed up several cans of brown and white leftovers from last time and I called it Available Beige. To men they're all the same color - light tan-brown. Whenever she asks me for a wet brush in one of the colors for a touch-up I hand her whatever I'm using. She hasn't caught on yet... :supergrin:

Sounds like my first ex-wife...

I once caught her staring at the ceiling and muttering, "Beige... I think I'll paint the ceiling beige." over and over again.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been while in the middle of a zesty lovemaking session.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

The time after the work is done in the best time of all.  SKOL!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

My daughter (The artist) continually tries to tell me there are thousands of colors.  I tell her that when I learned the resistor color code as a youth, it encompassed all the colors I could see.  Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue Violet, Gray, and White.  Any other shades have no "value".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Didn't dare tell her about the colored dots on the capacitors, eh?

:fred:

I can remember: the first two bands are the value, then the multiplier, then the tolerance, usually gold or silver.

But, I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tous said:

Didn't dare tell her about the colored dots on the capacitors, eh?

:fred:

I can remember: the first two bands are the value, then the multiplier, then the tolerance, usually gold or silver.

But, I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday.

The trick with capacitors is to figure out which manufacturer used what order to the color code.  The cheat was finding the tolerance color, after that it made sense.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, tous said:

I came, I saw, I covered it in latex.

Ummmm.......what kind of latex?

Thinking about a post in another thread.......

17 hours ago, janice6 said:

The trick with capacitors is to figure out which manufacturer used what order to the color code.  The cheat was finding the tolerance color, after that it made since.

Weren't you bitching about my spelling in another thread?  Or was that someone else? :anim_rofl2:

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Ummmm.......what kind of latex?

Thinking about a post in another thread.......

Weren't you bitching about my spelling in another thread?  Or was that someone else?

I didn't bitch at anyone.  If it were the thread about the beautiful woman, I said it was misspelled and then I said I appreciated it anyway.  The search engine would find it by the reference to the movie character.

What would this have to do with capacitor color code anyway!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

The trick with capacitors is to figure out which manufacturer used what order to the color code.  The cheat was finding the tolerance color, after that it made sense.

I'm going to resistor even thinking more about this.

I may just reVOLT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, janice6 said:

I didn't bitch at anyone.  If it were the thread about the beautiful woman, I said it was misspelled and then I said I appreciated it anyway.  The search engine would find it by the reference to the movie character.

What would this have to do with capacitor color code anyway!

I'm just giving you **** - especially since you misspelled a word in your post.  :anim_rofl2:

(I did forget my signature "I'm just being a smartass" smilie though........)  :anim_rofl2:

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Huski92 said:

I’m a beer guy. Usually domestic when at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and that same beer is an import when you drink it in another country.

It's like a Twilight Zone episode. Magic!

• Like 2