Why do I want a 32 H&R Mag?????

Wishoot

Never owned one.  Don't have one now. Can't recall ever even shooting one.  Don't have the bullets, casings or dies to reload them either.  

Yet, there's something very attractive about a 6-shot J-Frame size revolver though.  

Thought's?  Opinions?  Musings?  

48 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

Charter Arms has that new 7-shot Professional coming out in .32 H&R magnum. If I was a revolver guy, I'd take a look at that.

Thinking about that one, but I rally want something in a snub nose 6-shot flavor (preferably not an LCR).  Not a ton of options out there though.  

• Like 1

One of my daughters is left handed and I found a Charter Arms Southpaw in a .38  5 round snubby. She has shot it for about 7 years now without a hiccup.  This pistol seems to be a good one.  I don't know any more about Charter Arms.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wishoot said:

Never owned one.  Don't have one now. Can't recall ever even shooting one.  Don't have the bullets, casings or dies to reload them either.  

Yet, there's something very attractive about a 6-shot J-Frame size revolver though.  

I had a 9 shot H+R .22LR as a kid.  That thing was pretty cool.  So, I can understand the attraction of a .32 for nostalgia.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wishoot said:

Thinking about that one, but I rally want something in a snub nose 6-shot flavor (preferably not an LCR).  Not a ton of options out there though.  

Check out GB, they have a plethora of .32 revolvers of varying sizes and prices.  And .38's for that matter. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:48 PM, Wishoot said:

A six shot J-frame is indeed a wonderful thing. The cartridge is a good thing too, ballistically, but finding ammo for it if you don't reload, while not impossible, will tend to be somewhat expensive but not painfully so. But keep in mind that you can also shoot 32 Smith and Wesson long ammo out of it as well as 32 ACP and 32 acp GECO ammo is available online for reasonable prices, around ten-twelve bucks for a box of 50. Midway has Federal 32 H&R ammo for 15.99 a box for 20 rounds (80 cents a round) which isn't too bad.

I think the 32 H&R is actually a better round than the 327 Federal magnum because it has less muzzle blast especially out of a short barrel and if you reload, the 32 H&R can be loaded to Plus+P levels that place it about halfway between the standard loading and the 327 Federal loading. Buffalo bore makes and excellent load that is a little hotter than the standard ammo which woul demake good carry ammo if you don't reload.

But if you do reload cases and projectiles are not expensive or hard to find and either is a set of lee dies.

https://www.midwayusa.com/32-h-and-r-magnum/br?cid=9523

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021325925

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010865576

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1