Line to summit of Mt Everest

SilverRidge01

Such a strange comment/question. This thread is about people dying climbing a mountain, and yet you act as if it's been about discussing other people's accomplishments.

Very strange.

So you’re a do-nothing that’s miserable about people who do something.

Got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:05 PM, RenoF250 said:

Sorry but I still think they are morons.  No matter how much training you have that mountain is not impressed and it will kill you.  Also, you could have spent those thousands of hours doing something to do something that helped society/had an overall positive impact.  Climbing Everest is just to serve your ego and I can't think of an instance when serving your ego is a good thing.

I could have been in a French whorehouse with G30, too.  Who are you to judge how people spend their time?  I jump out of airplanes, too.  Out of several thousand jumps, I haven't died a single time.  

On 5/28/2019 at 10:05 PM, RenoF250 said:

I would guess $30k is a low estimate of what it would cost to do Everest, for that price you could go on a very nice cruise with your wife.  So when you say "I climbed Everest" I hear "I risked my life and busted my ass instead of having a wonderful cruise through an area I have not been with my wife and with minimal risk to my life."  Moron. 

This would be the answer to (g) in the next paragraph.

Really if I wanted to spend that kind of time for a challenge and risk my life I would go whack a ISIS leader or fat Kim Jung Fat. 

I think you are confusing "risking your life" and taking a managed risk.

That said they can do what they want, just don't ask me to be impressed or give a **** if your frozen ass is stuck on the side of Everest.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:03 PM, RenoF250 said:

Well chief, a.) the "you" was not meant as you it was a general "you" and in the person we are talking about.  b.) I fully appreciate life challenges but do not see the need to risk my life to do something that is a challenge so I can talk about how cool I am. c.) Cruise was just an example, Swiss Alps sounds good to, do whatever you want.  Have 11 tourist died this year where you are going in Switzerland? d.) I know it is not you that went to Everest, perhaps my use of "you" was incorrect or unclear. e.) I like to think I am always honing my skills, quite frustrated with my son right now because he does not see the value in skill ("why do I need to know that?") but I do not risk my life unnecessarily.  f.) nope, I am not going to NK, I was just saying if I wanted to risk my life and bust my ass on something for thousands of hours I would do something like whack his fat ass or shoot some ISIS pedophile.  That is if I was a tough guy/motivated.  I am probably less motivated than I am tough guy and I am not really a tough guy.

G.) Why did you take this as a person attack/me trying to be a tough guy?  Serious question, not trying to be an *******.  I have caused similar responses from others trying to figure out exactly what it is I am doing.

H.) Why wouldn't you go on a cruise?  I have only been on one but it was great.  I would definitely go again.

I view cruises as slow moving Walmart prisons at sea with a Chinese Buffet and waterpark next to the icky bioreactor.  But, I do love the ocean.  I was out at 0430 this morning.

2 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

If you really want to show off for the ladies and whuffos, the bat hang from the wing is the way to go. ?

I've seen it successfully done,  but I must have really weak ankles because when I tried, I only lasted about .2 seconds.