It's A Great Day For Hockey!!

Huaco Kid

tous, I'm not endorsing your second point until I know the winner.  haha

I will say this, though: Prior to the start of the series the 'experts' kept saying the Bruins had all the speed, and the Blues had all the size.  Well, the Blues certainly have the size, but I think there are a lot of very fast big guys in blue sweaters out there.  I haven't noticed many Bruins breakaways that went unchallenged.  

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night!

• Like 1

The Blues violate one of tous' rules of successful hockey:

Thou shalt defend thy blue line, starting in the neutral zone.

The Bruins have had far too many easy entries.

I am looking forward to quality hockey tomorrow night as well.

After that, we have to wait until October.  :sigh:

Edited by tous

Good luck to the Bruins.

Better luck to the Blues.  :biggrin:

If I have to wait another 50 years for the Blues to win the Stanley Cup, I'll be 120 years old.

You do not want to read my posts when I'm that old.

Just a personal remark.

If you are honored to be asked to sing the national anthem, of Canada or the United States, save you stylin' and hip-hop warbles for American Idol.

Sing the song as written.

It is about respect for the flag, not about you.

And NBC's coverage still sucks.

Game on eh!

Edited by tous
  • Thanks 2

Sadly,  I only watched the 1st period because I had to get up at 3am.  I figured that the goal with only a couple seconds left was a momentum bulldozer and I pretty much knew who was going to win.

But that goal......

The Blues guy took a nice pass and was blasting over the blue line.  There was a Boston guy skating directly at him.......

And then that guy just stopped,  ever so slightly leaned towards the attacker,  and immediately skated towards the bench,  allowing the Blues guy to skate around him like a pylon during practice.

That in itself GAVE them the goal and, I suspect, the momentum for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

In review, I really like the way that Boston plays the game.

They stand up at the blue line, challenge in the neutral zone and their defensemen hit the outlet pass nearly every time.

They have a great fore check, though I am not a fan of the high to low offense.

The Blues tend to just chuck the puck out or endlessly push it up the boards.

Note that when the Blues began to defend their zone in periods two and three, they dominated.

I also admire the Bruin's penalty kill.

They skate, challenge every puck, every pass and  pressure the points rather than just stand around in the classic box.

I remain happy about the result, but Boston has a great team.

The only weak spot, they tend to pass too much looking for the highlight reel play.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

From last place in January to the Stanley cup winners, thought it was a competitive series could have gone either way, I love Seven game series don't think any games went to OT or a shootout if I remember correctly the very best hockey played imho by the best athletes in any pro sport, stamina, puck handling skills, skating, goal tending,  just tremendous athletes .. My favorite sport unquestionably ...

• Like 1