Ammo found at Wilmington NC walmart....

Old School

Our Walmart here quit selling handguns, rifles and shotguns. So I quit going back there to look. I know they still sell ammo.

My rimfires seem to like those eley subsonics pretty well, but dang for 8-11 bucks for 50 I can't use them to plink around.

Our Walmart here quit selling handguns, rifles and shotguns. So I quit going back there to look. I know they still sell ammo.

My rimfires seem to like those eley subsonics pretty well, but dang for 8-11 bucks for 50 I can't use them to plink around.

Walmart used to sell handguns? No ****? Wow.

• Like 1

Remington "Bucket of Bullets". 1400 rounds for $73+tax. Getting close to 5 cents a round. Remington Goldens aren't my first choice but good to see it in stock around here.

I saw the same buckets at my walmart tonight. Except there was an even better deal. Federal 550 rounds for $22.73 a box. They had several of the 1400 count buckets, and probably a dozen of the 550 bulk boxes. I bought 3 boxes. They also had tons of 50 round boxes of various manufacturers.

Fingers crossed the shortage is officially over in my area.

• Like 1

On August 10, 2017 at 0:26 AM, Kevin said:

I saw the same buckets at my walmart tonight. Except there was an even better deal. Federal 550 rounds for $22.73 a box. They had several of the 1400 count buckets, and probably a dozen of the 550 bulk boxes. I bought 3 boxes. They also had tons of 50 round boxes of various manufacturers.

Fingers crossed the shortage is officially over in my area.

Federal an most others are a better deal. 

Remington Golden bullets are barely good enough to use as fishing weights.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally transferred the .22 ammo from the glass behind the counter to under the glass in the counter. Lima Ohio area. They've had ammo for quite a while now. I'm just glad they decided to at least act like the great .22 ammo crisis is over.

IMG_2682.JPG

I never understand what all this excitement is with ammo prices at Walmart...unless you HAVE to buy at Walmart, why bother? You can usually always get it for less online and you have the convenience of online buying: no sales tax, delivery right to your door, no fuss, no muss. Use a cash back credit card and shave another 1-2% off. You waste no time going to Walmart. You save wear, tear and gas on your car. You do not have to encounter the typical Walmart crowd. Win-win-win, all the way around.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/02/the-30-funniest-people-of-walmart-photos/9

image.png.af511d9811017450c3bc2dc70b348993.png

Edited by JJHNSN

.22LR is as cheap on AmmoSeek right now as what I've seen at WM lately, but that has not always been the case.  A few years back, buying online just added shipping and hassle to the costs.  I could not regularly find .22LR at WM, but I could find it sporadically, so I bought it in dribs and drabs as I found it.  Besides, sometimes I'd prefer to drop a little cash and get a few boxes, rather than buy 1k with a card.

• 5 weeks later...