Ammusing Time at the Synagogue

Moshe

If you get there a half hour early, Rabbi Tim, still can't stop being amused by that, and any other man that shows up goes the liturgy.  It is essentially praises to Hashem.  Kind of like responsive reading in a Church.  Some of it is in English, some of it is in Hebrew, sometimes it says God in English, sometimes it has G-d in English.  I think it might need some consistency.  At any rate, my daughter was there and she is used to traditional Church activities and didn't quite grasp the fact that in Messianic and Orthodox Judaism, men fulfill a certain role and women another.  They were amused and let her read along though.   I told her in Judaism, Messianic, or Orthodox, women don't do what the men do; however, outside of the synagogue they run our lives.  That is the trade off.  The other amusing thing is Rabbi "Tim" looked at one of the men that was his contemporary in age and laughed, "I have never heard Hebrew pronounced with an Ozark accent."

My daughter was invited to learn how to dance with the women next time she comes.  The Torah scroll is brought out every time.  Though it is in block paleo-Hebrew, and I don't think anyone there can read it. 

The other thing that amused me is the sukkot coming up in October, and someone brought up taking an RV.  Somehow I think that kind of defeats the original purpose of sukkot.

• Haha 1