Suspect Tosses Gun Out Car Window, Cited For Littering As DA Refuses Gun Charges

pipedreams

"Houston, TX – Houston police charged an 18-year-old woman who threw a pistol out of a car window with “littering with gun” because the Harris County prosecutors refused to authorize weapons charges.

The incident occurred on Sunday when two Houston police officers on patrol initiated a traffic stop in the 7200-block of Tobruk Lane, according to an internal Houston Police Officers’ Union memo obtained by Blue Lives Matter.

As they were attempting to stop the vehicle, both officers witnessed the passenger throwing a pistol out of the car’s window."

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/suspect-tosses-gun-out-car-window-cited-for-littering-as-da-refuses-gun-charges-oJNWFAmi5kGEJrQ0v-58nQ/

As much as I hate the BATFE, the Officers could charge the 18 year old in possession of a handgun if the AUSA in Houston would take it.  Odds are they would, as it would be an easy win.  For that matter, they could present the matter to the BATFE, and they could obtain a Federal warrant for the 18 year old's arrest, do a Blacky's warrant due to the potential danger, and hit them right before dawn, and drag them in for a Federal Crime.  That would create more of significant impact.  1.  You only get one month off per year on federal conviction.  2.  The charge would be a felony and not a misdemeanor.  3. That would truly screw this young gangster for life.  So, if I was creative and feeling pissed at the DA, I would be vindictive enough to do just that.  

Albuquerque figured that much out when I worked with the Violent Crimes Task Force.  We would work together on the huge gang population.  They would hook up the one's that were citizens, I would hook up the other.  It was Bernalillo SO, APD, and me.  It was an easy commute to get to the building as it was literally next door to our office.  I forget that woman that had her office in the upper mezzanine, but she ran the operation.  It was a very open concept, Officers both uniform and plain clothes like me below.  I didn't spend a lot of time just goofing in our little fusion center.  I would hit the streets looking for targets of opportunity, and bring in the APD for backup when I had a potential arrest.  

The point being, when State, Local, and Federal work together a lot more of this B.S. can be mitigated.  The FBI tried to get a piece of the pie, but they treat us too much like lap dogs, that we started third party checks, just to leave them out.  They like to come in and steal anyone else's work, and claim a victory.  That is why a lot of people don't like working with them.  Muller is a tip of a nasty pyramid of carrion trying to take credit for things that don't belong to them.

• Like 1