Today’s workout fun.

Silentpoet

Had an OK workout today.  I warmed up without a shirt up to 275 to a 3 board height.  I did a pause for a fairly explosive single at that weight before putting the shirt on. This was my first work set.  I didn't push my limits as I was saving my strength for the 335 sets.  My forearms are sore from this workout still. 

I finished the workout with the following set.  I had hoped to do more but my first set of 335 I struggled with the lift off and only got 2 reps.  So 3 reps here was a victory.  I was hoping for a set of 4 today, but I didn't have good enough form or setup on one set so I missed the goal.

• 3 weeks later...

No shirt.  Not my heaviest single, but the heaviest I filmed.  Wrestling a bit with tendonitis in my forearms.  Good speed though.  This rep at 295 and the single at 305 are the most I have ever handled without a bench shirt.  Some of the warmups and prior singles didn't feel as good as this one did.  I was getting good and tight.  I used a spotter for 305 and oddly that made the weight feel a lot heavier, knowing I had the help of somebody else if I didn't make it.  I am making good progress overall.  Last week I deadlifted 335 for 8 singles.  I was going to deadlift today until I got to the gym. I will deadlift tomorrow and maybe do some shirted singles saturday.  I wanted to let my upper back be fresh for benching movements today as opposed to doing it the day after deadlifts. 

In some ways one set can redeem a crappy workout. This wasn't particularly a great workout, but this was a decent backoff set.  I buggered up my technique at 455 and the rest of the workout sucked until this set.  I know this is an ugly set, but I didn't give up on it. 

My poor aching upper back and shoulders.  This wasn't the heaviest weight of the day. But I think it was my best set.  I later did 405 to 4 board height but I didn't video it.  I just did a single, but I was pleased with it. 

After talking to the gym owner he said I was lifting on a 55 pound squat bar so this was really 375 and the single was 415.

Edited by Silentpoet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...