Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Phone review

TBO

https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-note-8/review/?ftag=CAD-03-10aaj8j

The Good The Galaxy Note 8 tops Samsung's already excellent S8 and S8 Plus with dual cameras and a boatload of stylus tricks. It's the most feature-rich Android phone you can buy.

The Bad An expensive phone, the Note 8 has more features than most people will need. Samsung's portrait mode can be finicky. The poorly placed fingerprint reader repeats the Galaxy S8's worst design flaw.

The Bottom Line The Galaxy Note 8 retakes the throne as the ultimate Android phone for now, but some intense competition is just over the horizon.

• Thanks 1

TBO, 

I bought an s8 and an s8+.  My wide had nothing but trouble with her s8 to the punt where she returned it and demanded a new one!   When she room it to the AT&T store,  the tech there played with it for about three mins and promptly ordered her a new one. 

It fucked up big time right there in front of him.

OTOH, mine is pretty much flawless. We had a choice between IPhone 7 or the galaxy 8's.  I figured that since the IPhone 8 was coming out soon allowing with the "X" that Samsung was the better deal! 

I don't use half of the features! 

The finger print reader on my Note 8 is in exactly the right spot.

I was worried about it with all the online "experts" saying it was a trash spot to put it but wow were they wrong.

I have always held my phones in the left hand and when doing that the reader is just perfectly placed for the left index finger to hit.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I don't know why everyone gives the S8/+ crap for the finger print reader, I like mine on my S8+ and it stores multiple reading of the same finger so I never have an issue with it. Location doesn't bother me either

42 minutes ago, Duc748s said:

I don't know why everyone gives the S8/+ crap for the finger print reader, I like mine on my S8+ and it stores multiple reading of the same finger so I never have an issue with it. Location doesn't bother me either

For me, if the phone is laying flat on the table/desk, and a notification comes in, I can't unlock, without picking up the device.

Besides that, I like that device! 

5 minutes ago, ivanwi11iams said:

For me, if the phone is laying flat on the table/desk, and a notification comes in, I can't unlock, without picking up the device.

Hummm Never thought about that.....I just pick it up. But I have it unlocked at the house using secure places (If you use Samsung Pay it will not work as phone locks for security reasons) and my notifications are shown on the lock screen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ivanwi11iams said:

That annoyed me, too.  I installed Glimpse Notifications to make the screen wake when a notification comes in.  It lets me at least see what notifications are there and allows me to clear them.

• Like 1