Machete attack on the Appalachian Trail!

gwalchmai

There’s always endless hand wringing about having “enough gun” when hiking. 

As much as the liberal hand wringing about “you don’t need a gun”. 

But, if somebody in that group would have had a Chiefs Special on them, this would be a completely different story. 

(Assuming they used it)

And, yes. He looks like an escapee from a Renaissance Festival. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, Borg warner said:

The difference between truisms and truth:

Truism: "You can't always tell if someone is crazy just by looking at them"

Truth: Sometimes you can.

213a.jpg

When it comes to sociopaths, no matter what their mouth might be saying, or expressing, watch the eyes, they don't change.  At that point you need to watch the hands, and be ready to kill the SOB.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Screw the eyes, show me your hands, as long as I can see they're empty I probably won't have to shoot you.

The eyes tell you what they are going to do, first warning.  Then see what is in the hands.  They hope what is coming out their mouth as they try to close personal space is going to distract you long enough.  Then it is life and death.  Most people don't look for the signs.  Most people help them on their victim count.  I taught my wife street smarts that way.  Before she decided a CCL, now CHL was a good idea.  She was out with the girls and an Asian guy decides to put himself in the mix.  He was laying out his come hither and be a victim speech.   My wife noticed the eyes, and said just a few simple words, "My husband is Law Enforcement."  He decided that would bring too much heat and went off into the night to seek easier prey.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1

I look for signs; I live in condition yellow, have for a few years now since the home invasion.  Can't seem to relax into white. 

Not too long ago I was filling up the Camaro and two 'utes' were smoking a blunt in one of those ancient buick/oldsmobiles in an adjacent stall.  Of course I noticed them eyeballing me and was watching when one of them got out and started walking my way.  I turned to face him square on and put my hands in my coat pockets, since my S&W model 37 was in my right pocket.  He changed his trajectory, retrieved a squeegee from the end of my stall and went back to his junk pile.   Like he really cared about washing the windows on that filthy POS.  If the eyes really tell you what's coming mine were saying don't f with me or you'll regret it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

I look for signs; I live in condition yellow, have for a few years now since the home invasion.  Can't seem to relax into white. 

Not too long ago I was filling up the Camaro and two 'utes' were smoking a blunt in one of those ancient buick/oldsmobiles in an adjacent stall.  Of course I noticed them eyeballing me and was watching when one of them got out and started walking my way.  I turned to face him square on and put my hands in my coat pockets, since my S&W model 37 was in my right pocket.  He changed his trajectory, retrieved a squeegee from the end of my stall and went back to his junk pile.   Like he really cared about washing the windows on that filthy POS.  If the eyes really tell you what's coming mine were saying don't f with me or you'll regret it.

I have no choice.  Condition yellow is a world that never-ever stops.  I wear inside and outside usually, or inside have ready access.  Haven't had a home invasion yet, but enough things that make me very misanthropic toward strangers.  If I don't know you, and you bang on my door, the odds of me waiting on the other side with the firearm of my choosing is high.

• Like 1

people do not realize  the numbers are high on the trail  for serial killers,  and just broad attacks .  i  have friends who have done the trail  and everyone of them has had an encounter  with  either  a weirdo ,  a nut , or someone who thinks about making trouble  til a gun is seen lol.   

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, Rinspeed said:

People who go out in the wild without a firearm are fools.

I'm kind of to the point that I think people who go anywhere without a firearm are fools... or suicidal... or just dumber than a box of ammo without primers.

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm kind of to the point that I think people who go anywhere without a firearm are fools... or suicidal... or just dumber than a box of armor without primers.

I live in a fairly safe area but I still almost always have a pistol, light and knife on me.  If you think about it though if someone wants to do harm to someone else, out in the woods is the perfect place.  Chances are no one is going to hear anything and they have a very good chance of getting away. 

• Like 1

If nothing more, this incident underscores the need for the right to bear arms for self defense. Even with that right guaranteed, however, there are plenty who will argue that it is THEIR right not to be armed.

To those I say, victimhood awaits.

For the rest of us, I offer this advice... never interfere with Mr. Darwins work.

• Haha 1