A Bit of Panic Sets In...

tadbart

12 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I think that if you take that thing out and put it through its paces, you might relieve some of your stresses.

All work and no play, as they say.  

:biggrin:

...aaaaand any further talk of this nature can be had over lunch, amigo! Say when! Wednesdays and Thursdays work best for me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tadbart said:

...aaaaand any further talk of this nature can be had over lunch, amigo! Say when! Wednesdays and Thursdays work best for me.

That would be great. Tied up this Wed and Thurs ( dueling doctors appointments ), how about Wednesday the week after ?

• Like 1

A few things I have learned over many years.

Don't let the "What Ifs" get you.

Go for what you want and will help you in the future.

Save money where you can and pay off the education loans.

Only you can enjoy your life.

Go for what pushes you to be better at what you do.

Take a break every now and then to refresh and look at where you are at and where you want to be and how to get there.

You got this so please do not stress.

Have a happy and enjoyable life, both private and professional!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

tadbart, I'm living vicariously through you. Plan A was to go for NP, but I was having so much fun working ER, well days may drag but the years fly by. Too old to take on a masters program, now retired. Hang tuff bro, you can do it! Do it for me if that helps!

Edited by Paul53
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My wife finished her masters of nursing and became a women's health NP about 6 years ago. She started at the university hospital she went to nursing school at and stayed there until her dept. was taken over by a prick. Then she moved on to private practice a little over a year ago with experience and leverage for negotiation. The insurance sucks compared to what we had before but the pay and lack of BS has greatly improved. She's appreciated and they let her know it regularly. They even hired a 2nd NP because they've had so much success with her. 

Hang in there and bet on the first job being a stepping stone to something better. 28k isn't that bad. This one was my wife's 2nd masters. I wish she only owed 28k. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Paul53 said:

tadbart, I'm living vicariously through you. Plan A was to go for NP, but I was having so much fun working ER, well days may drag but the years fly by. Too old to take on a masters program, now retired. Hang tuff bro, you can do it! Do it for me if that helps!

Paul, I had no intention of doing this, when I started working as an RN. The ER was fun for me, too. But, as many of us here know, healthcare is changing greatly. The ER no longer became fun, due to pressures from administration, people forgetting how to act as patients, changes in reimbursement, etc.

So, I had a long talk with myself, about whether I had 20+ years left in me as an ER nurse. That answer was a resounding NO. From there, I examined what I was good at and what I wanted out of a career, and decided on NP school.

This last semester can really be described as clinical hours and a plane getting ready to land. Gear's down and locked, flaps at full, airspeed and altitude lowering. 10 actual class days to go, and 106 clinical hours. Barring something Biblical, it's in the bag!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tad, Florida Atlantic university here in palm beach has a tremendous ciriculum on nursing, advertisements on the tube, billboards, one page newspaper ads..very very sought after positions in hospitals, private practices, medical centers, buddy of mine has three nurses on his staff, I mean graduate nurses not paper pushes, he's a internist ...so keep on those books!!  

• Like 1