Another G-21

Moshe

So, my son has the .45 ACP bug, but his Springfield Special Edition G.I. Model does not like hollow points much.  Much like the WWII model, it was made to fire FMJ.  So, he wanted something that would use both.  So, another G-21.  I have a G-21C, and G-21 converted to .460 Rowland.  I ended up getting him a NIB old stock Gen3 Glock 21.

• Like 2

Just got three G21 magazines that I use in my G30, the 21 mags are getting pricey, saw one fella asking $90 per mag,  mucho fire power with all that .45 ammo in one mag, what is it 13 rounds, that should cover any defensive scenario I should ever get into,  was fooling with the  G21 mags ysda with the new 10mm Ammo just acquired for the new storm lake drop n barrel and just misses holding the 10mm round due to the case diameter,  the .400 Corbon rounds fit perfectly since again it's a necked down .45, ended up with G29 magazine all is well I'm happy will be heading for my favorite outdoor range on Tuesday, taking the G30 with the 10mm, my G42 with new trigger and TruGlo F/O sight should amuse me for a few hours ...

1 hour ago, SilverRidge01 said:

Just got three G21 magazines that I use in my G30, the 21 mags are getting pricey, saw one fella asking $90 per mag,  mucho fire power with all that .45 ammo in one mag, what is it 13 rounds, that should cover any defensive scenario I should ever get into,  was fooling with the  G21 mags ysda with the new 10mm Ammo just acquired for the new storm lake drop n barrel and just misses holding the 10mm round due to the case diameter,  the .400 Corbon rounds fit perfectly since again it's a necked down .45, ended up with G29 magazine all is well I'm happy will be heading for my favorite outdoor range on Tuesday, taking the G30 with the 10mm, my G42 with new trigger and TruGlo F/O sight should amuse me for a few hours ...

So, how is the felt recoil on the 30?  I ask, because I have a petite girl who is always going to be petite.  She is going to be 5'3 if she is lucky.

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

So, how is the felt recoil on the 30?  I ask, because I have a petite girl who is always going to be petite.  She is going to be 5'3 if she is lucky.

You know all Glocks have negligible  recoil on all their handguns, the 30 is just outstanding in all areas, only wish I could have carried one when I was in  the service of this country!  know u asked about the 30 sorry I deviated , if she has any experience with the 45 platform she'll have no problems at all, the best example I have of a handguns recoil comparison with others of its caliber is the model 42 this thing truly amazes me very time I fire it, zero recoil, soft shooter, no barrel flash, very negligible 

report another superior Glock handgun, yeah it may not be the prettiest in the lot, but functions flawlessly, can't say that about many weapons costing twice the amount, how can you not love em ...

Thanks.  That does help.  Glocks last for years and years.  I was thinking a 30 would be a good concealment pistol when she is 21.  So far in Texas, you can carry concealed on a University Campus with a CCL at age 21.  Once that happens, I can, well relax a bit more.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Thanks.  That does help.  Glocks last for years and years.  I was thinking a 30 would be a good concealment pistol when she is 21.  So far in Texas, you can carry concealed on a University Campus with a CCL at age 21.  Once that happens, I can, well relax a bit more.

And thank you for that link regarding the "10mm conversion" on glock talk that was some professional work I've seen tutorials in books not as comprehensive as that, I bookmarked it thanks again .. 

Re a carry for the 21 year old,  if I had my drothers I get her a G42, don't listen to all the negative crap re .380 and stopping power, it's the same people that hate Glocks! with the new defensive loads being offered today the weapon is more than adequate Stopping anything that walks, the gun is so soft shooting and accurate and portable, great for the females! I pocket carry mine, but bottom line that's my opinion, you'll  make your decision predicated on your own gut feeling and experience and you are very learned on firearms I'm sure you'll made the best decision ....

27 minutes ago, Moshe said:

7 hours ago, Moshe said:

A G30S would be a better choice for someone with smaller hands.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:04 AM, Moshe said:

So, my son has the .45 ACP bug, but his Springfield Special Edition G.I. Model does not like hollow points much.  Much like the WWII model, it was made to fire FMJ.  So, he wanted something that would use both.  So, another G-21.  I have a G-21C, and G-21 converted to .460 Rowland.  I ended up getting him a NIB old stock Gen3 Glock 21.

A gunsmith can fix that Springfield Special Edition G.I. Model so it can feed any ammo you chose to fire in the gun. Support your local gunsmith. 

Well, I picked it up yesterday.  He has used a 1911 for so long he kept calling it the Glock 1911, and I had to correct him.  I told him .45 ACP does not inherently mean 1911.  Then he argued, I want to call it that.  I said, well, if you want other people to think you are stupid.  He finally relented.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, Moshe said:

With stock barrels, it seemed to me that my Glock 30 had milder recoil than my Glock 29.  Here is a write up that I did about curing my flinch or gripping my Glock 29 too hard.

It took me about five years to get the Glock 29 groups to close up.  Putting a Glock 30 in the mix helped, but I've been working at shooting these hard kicking guns without a flinch for quite a while.  The large frame Glocks do soak up a lot more recoil than their "subcompact" brethren. 

http://chronosscifi.com/healingHeeling.html

I ended up getting a good deal on an XD ,45 2.0 (Gripzone), that I am holding back for her. An 870 shotgun and 40.00 and out the door.  As I remember from owning one of these, that the recoil was negligible, and it made tight groups despite the small size.