Little Deuce Coupe 1963

DrB

7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Here's the best version of the Beach Boy's first and greatest hot rod song:

I use this when I test audio/video systems at work..  Sometimes it's nice to be able to listen to music and watch videos while being paid.

Dave...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrB said:

I use this when I test audio/video systems at work..  Sometimes it's nice to be able to listen to music and watch videos while being paid.

Dave...

Nice work if you can get it.  I was in Junior high when the song 409 came out and loved it and became a fan of the group's music. My musical tastes gradually changed but there was something about their music I always liked and was always impressed with the vocals and Carl Wilson's lead guitar. Many of the musical parts were played by studio musicians but Carl Wilson played most of the lead guitar parts and his playing was very distinctive.

Brian Wilson producing and arranging added greatly to that "something about their music I always liked"

7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Nice work if you can get it.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no..  Everyone thinks it is cool to work around Audio/Video every day.  Sometimes it's nice to leave it behind at the end of the day though. 

Dave

My first thoughts were of Jan and Dean. I had an album by The Ripchords when I was a wee lad that had all of those songs...

Surf City, 409, Little Duece Coupe and many others. Spent hours upon hours listening to these songs. Enough so that I'm not a fan of The Beach Boys and all of their greatness. Every time I hear The Beachboys I hear the line from Jimi Hendrix "...and you'll never hear surf music again..." .

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

Flathead V-12, baby!

Thanks.  Dad had a Flathead Ford V8.

I want a 34 Ford Model A V8 Coupe.  Dad told me about a friend of his had one.  Was a fast car in it's day.

Dave.. 

Dave

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, DrB said:

Thanks.  Dad had a Flathead Ford V8.

I want a 34 Ford Model A V8 Coupe.  Dad told me about a friend of his had one.  Was a fast car in it's day.

Dave.. 

Dave

This is basically the flathead Ford v8, but with 33.3% more whoop-ass.