Coworker passed suddenly

Silentpoet

One of the investigators based out of our office passed suddenly yesterday. She was in a hotel working in another county and the cleaning lady found her.  She was 53.  Her daughter is also an investigator in our office.  A little rough day.

• Sad 1

Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that. It's a real gut punch when all of a sudden, there's a permanent absence in the office. Had something similar happen recently with one of the local EMS crews. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

I just took a box of various paper goods and such to the family.  I don't know how much money we raised but lots of people have been giving money to our supervisor to get stuff for the family.The grand parents of the younger investigator, her dad's parents, live 2 houses down from me.  I have wanted to cuss all day.  I think Wendy would understand. This about sums up my mood right now.

I don’t know which is worse. Sudden or lingering death.
both suck

Taking suicide or murder off the table...

Point of view. All in the point of view.

Lingering death, potential survivors have time to accept the situation, do some grieving, and reconcile with the dying person. Likewise the dying person has similar reality.

Sudden death, no time for goodbyes, no opportunity for reconciliations, possibly no suffering while dying. All grieving must take place after the death.

I’ve been exposed to both within my family. I honestly don’t know which I would chose for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My condolences to the family of your departed coworker; may she rest in peace.

I'd posit that sudden is better from the point of whoever's doing the dying, but potentially harder on those left behind, On the other hand, while going slowly may give others time to make peace with the whole thing, I think that's much tougher on the person passing as they linger on, possibly in pain, counting their days and staring their mortality in the face.  Neither way strikes me as a picnic. 

-Pat

• Like 2