.357 ammo questions

Doc McGlock

Seeing how I woke up today and discovered that I've been "white balled" into the Man Cave and finally obtained that ever evasive and much coveted "Founding Member" status, I've taken it upon myself to be brave, and venture into starting an ammo thread. :beat-dead-horse:

About a year ago, I moved into the revolver world with a Ruger GP100 3" Stainless, .357/38 and decided to get a lever action 1873 also in .357/38 to compliment it.  (actually it's easier to hide the ammo from my wife, staying with the same caliber.)  I wish to know what type of boolit works best in a Uberti Lever action 1873?   Flat nose, JHP......etc?

Now, the big question................................................ WTH do we post this topic at TBS?   :couch:

41 minutes ago, Doc McGlock said:

Seeing how I woke up today and discovered that I've been "white balled" into the Man Cave and finally obtained that ever evasive and much coveted "Founding Member" status, I've taken it upon myself to be brave, and venture into starting an ammo thread. :beat-dead-horse:

About a year ago, I moved into the revolver world with a Ruger GP100 3" Stainless, .357/38 and decided to get a lever action 1873 also in .357/38 to compliment it.  (actually it's easier to hide the ammo from my wife, staying with the same caliber.)  I wish to know what type of boolit works best in a Uberti Lever action 1873?   Flat nose, JHP......etc?

Now, the big question................................................ WTH do we post this topic at TBS?   :couch:

I don't know where the ammo question would go, but the sarcasm towards the site and the "Being afraid of your wife" should fit in nicely in the Bored room.

Edited by XSIV4S

1 hour ago, Doc McGlock said:

Based on my Uberti and my Henry I can say the pretty much anything except the FTX bullet from Hornady will work well for you. I normally cycle HP ammo being that's what I use when I reload. Feeds just fine.

I've owned a few lever action 357's, all like Lead Round Nose (LRN) and semi jacketed hollow points.

I generally only shoot 357's for hunting and 38's for everything else.  All gun fed and fired 38's of all shapes and sizes fine.

Uberti is a fine gun, I would expect the same.