Video Games - I Feel Old

SC Tiger

I've mentioned this before, but a few years ago I bought a copy of the original Halo for the Xbox.

The 20th Anniversary Edition.

Used.

Damn - I remember when it came out.

I'm not a serious gamer but it is still a lot of fun.

Worst part - I never beat the game (on the PC), but my 9 year old did.  In three weeks.  Only playing on weekends.

Damn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

It makes me smile to picture a bunch of octogenarians sitting around in the day room of a nursing home, years from now, blasting Metallica and playing Halo. "Back in my day, we didn't listen to that ***** Dubstep!" :fred: :greensupergrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

It makes me smile to picture a bunch of octogenarians sitting around in the day room of a nursing home, years from now, blasting Metallica and playing Halo. "Back in my day, we didn't listen to that ***** Dubstep!" :fred: :greensupergrin:

Not to mention talking about movies: "In OUR day we had REAL movies, like The Avengers and Top Gun!"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I've mentioned this before, but a few years ago I bought a copy of the original Halo for the Xbox.

The 20th Anniversary Edition.

Used.

Damn - I remember when it came out.

I'm not a serious gamer but it is still a lot of fun.

Worst part - I never beat the game (on the PC), but my 9 year old did.  In three weeks.  Only playing on weekends.

Damn.

Reminds me of the advice the high school coach gave a friend of mine.  He said, "Don't think, you'll only hurt the team!".

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, SC Tiger said:

Is that good or bad?  Vaginas are useful in the right application....... :anim_rofl2:

Seriously though, Dubstep is like auditory mood lighting. It is mindless club music, IMO.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Seriously though, Dubstep is like auditory mood lighting. It is mindless club music, IMO.

Yeesh.  Sounds horrible.  I think I know what it is now.  Regrettably.

A visual representation:

tenor.gif?itemid=9945180

Edited by SC Tiger

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Reminds me of the advice the high school coach gave a friend of mine.  He said, "Don't think, you'll only hurt the team!".

It's actually kinda funny to watch us play Halo.  He just runs in and blasts away.

I sit back and lob grenades all over the place and snipe the bad guys.  Or sneak up behind them.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Lazy R said:

I played Asteroids and Galaga.

My son tried to get me going on Call of Duty and it all moves so fast I get a headache.

Oh, and get off my lawn.

I once made a sniper shot so good in Call of Duty 2, that the guy I shot said that I cheated. We were on the El Alamein map, both of us on rooftops nearly on opposite sides of the map. There was a brick missing in wall above the roof level of a building I was looking at and periodically, something passed behind the hole, blocking it. So, I aimed at the hole with the sniper rifle and waited. When the hole went dark, I fired and got a head-shot on him. I was really proud of that shot.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Eric said:

I once made a sniper shot so good in Call of Duty 2, that the guy I shot said that I cheated. We were on the El Alamein map, both of us on rooftops nearly on opposite sides of the map. There was a brick missing in wall above the roof level of a building I was looking at and periodically, something passed behind the hole, blocking it. So, I aimed at the hole with the sniper rifle and waited. When the hole went dark, I fired and got a head-shot on him. I was really proud of that shot.

Not bad at all.  Not surprising us gun guys will try to make accurate shots from distance.

In Halo, I took out two of those big armored Hunter things (pretty much the toughest aliens) with a pistol.  Headshots.  It took a few rounds though (pistol is the weakest gun and it takes a few rounds to get enough damage to kill them).  You're supposed to use a rocket launcher but what the hell.  I hid behind some barrels and used a trick he showed me - on the pistol you can zoom in almost like a sniper rifle.

My son still can't believe it.  Might segway that into getting him into shooting.  Problem right now is he hates loud noises - even with hearing protection.

Bad part is - IRL if I had to make that shot I'd probably shvt myself.

Edited by SC Tiger

Call of Duty WWII, is my son's choice of poison, he likes to play the cargo map over and over again.  I lost interest, but I used to tag team with him, but I only liked playing allied on the maps.  The trench warfare map is a pretty good shotgun map.  One of the sniper maps, he would snipe upstairs near the train yard in the house.  He and I would drop bouncing betties on the stairwell.  I would back him up with a submachine gun for those trying to get up the stairs after the bouncing betty amusingly tossed the corpse up the stairs and into the wall.  If he got over run on the roof, I would back into the corner and shoot all comers until I was out of rounds, and start stealing weapons off the dead, but by that time, much like zombies you get swarmed.  I have to admit that I like the flame gun, and their version of dragon's breath as well.  Barbequing Nazis and listening to them scream was very cathartic.

Edited by Moshe

I played some COD Modern Warfare Remastered multiplayer yesterday. Hardcore Team Death Match, it was.

Had all the babies crying about how that guy M&P15T camps, and it's not fair!!!! I crushed them, and they left and found another lobby to play in.

It's hilarious, they expect me to play in a manner that would benefit them, and not in a manner that would give me every advantage.

Just now, Bish1309 said:

My two most fun simms were NASCAR ONLINE RACING by Papyrus

And Ghost Recon......I still play this but alone. Sigh

I have the PC version of Ghost Recon I think.  No idea where it is right now but I think I still have it.

I also had the NASCAR game but I always have trouble driving on a computer game.  I have more luck on the Xbox than on a PC but still....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I have the PC version of Ghost Recon I think.  No idea where it is right now but I think I still have it.

I also had the NASCAR game but I always have trouble driving on a computer game.  I have more luck on the Xbox than on a PC but still....

I had a good 'online' buddy (may he RIP) that was able to mod GR. He made insane bad guys, modded a bunch of guns and we played against (again modded) 200 bad guys per map.

We'd race NASCAR from around 7PM until 10 or so and then hit the maps in GR for that many hours. I was running on about 3 hours of sleep for several years with all that activity. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I even had a GR server that we'd all connect to to kill the baddies. We used TeamSpeak as an in game communication tool. We had it all..........................I miss it, even 10 years later.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:01 AM, Pisco said:

I thought it would be Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto

No way in hell would I let a kid play Grand Theft Auto.

I feel kinda bad about Halo, but with the new Avengers movie out he's been playing his Avengers Lego games more.