2019 Glock Summer specials

Borg warner

Having been in Law Enforcement, I am a bit dubious of trade ins.  You have the people that never draw their weapon, and never want to, and it becomes one with the holster.  Or, guys like me that got issued practice ammo and I have shot some pistols so much that I noticed the rifling getting smooth.  We would shoot every 3 months, and I would always shoot in between qualification sessions.  Then beyond the 52 rounds at range time qualifications, there is the shooting steel, and all the challenge games in between, and pretzel shooting, etc.  I called it Reindeer Games, but they eat up a lot more than the 52 rounds, and then there are the people that never clean their weapons.  I saw someone on GB selling a Police trade in at a higher level, and with the action open all you could see was caked on carbon. 

So, if the Government ever turned in its Glocks for a new contract, and actually sold them on the open market, without an armorer and full on cleaning, you might get a Glock Musket (Me), a roached out one (never seen a male do that-no offense ladies), that is surgically connected to the holster, or inherit a crap load of carbon.  I don't mind a used weapon in good working order.  Once that has very little life on it, I am dubious about.

• 4 weeks later...