need some prayers

ASH

my wife's  mom who lives in PA  is 90  my mom and her mom were best friends, my mom passed in 17  without alot withering away and i prayed for it because my mom always said i do not want to linger.  well her mom has been bed ridden whole   year living with my wife's older sister,  they went up 2 weeks ago to see her but she did not know anyone . tonight she got the call she may not make it through the night . she has not eaten in 12 days  ,  please say some prayers  for this lady to pass on to the other side , she was proud and one of the best people you would ever meet ,  she would hate  if she knew she has been like this .   .  thanks  

Edited by ASH
  • Sad 6

thanks for all the well wishes, we are tight knit family  and im a better person for knowing here  ,i saw my dad suffer with cancer for 6months and drop down to 90 pounds,  a day did not go bye that wished the lord would take him,  again thanks  im gonna go now wife is on phone  with her sister and i need to be there,,  thanks again  ,

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, ASH said:

sorry my typing and paying attention is not there tonight ,  she is my mother in  law

My condolences.  I lost my MIL several years ago.  I really liked her, not the typical thing a son-in-law would say.  When she was having difficulties with advanced diabetes and passed at a skilled care facility in her mid-60's.  We had invited her to live with us, but the green eyed monster (green as she liked laying hands on her mother's money), little sister up there convinced her that I moved with the Government jobs over the years, and she would be abandoned.  I told her to get that out of her mind, because she was family, and you don't leave family behind.  Sadly, her situation declined, as the youngest sister would go to her place and demand free food of her liking, not anything beneficial to the longevity of my MIL, which hastened her decline.  I remember when we were traveling to NM to visit my parents and bring them some venison I had from hunting, she woke us up in the hotel stop, because my MIL had pneumonia and the skilled care facility sent her to the hospital unconcious.  She kept waking people up to try justifying pulling the plug on her with dollar signs in her head.  Finally, after everyone talked her down from matricide, it was determined that she had an extreme infection in one leg, and amputation became necessary.  She made a full recovery, with no knowledge that her youngest daughter had tried to get the doctor's to let her die.  When MIL woke up, she credited the youngest for saving her, even though she tried to kill her.  None of the other daughters had the heart to say, you're youngest was trying to have you put down.

Long story short, I am happy your MIL is around people who love and care for her.  If she passes, she will pass with love.  My poor MIL had a heart attack, and died alone, and was discovered later.  To this day, it makes me wonder what could have been, if she had take us up on he offer to stay with us, and my wife would have been on her diet like a boss, and she could still be with us.

I hope your MIL makes it longer, you get to see her, before the end, and she is surrounded by people who love her.  Blessings to you and yours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

for those that like updates,  she is still holding on   ,  and ive been thru the hour to hour  waits and as im sure alot of you have  , wife and daughters went up   and my grand kid  Piper  stayed with me  ,  ,  but we have been having some fun  and it helps both of us , we made easter eggs and easter tree,  for almost 3 she is smarter then me at like 7 .  Pipers mom is clingy  so her hubby went also   , and Piper would not know what is going on there and i thought spend some time with me watch some movies  . ride the tractor  etc   and again  thanks to everyone  for prayers.  here is some pics of egg making ,  to lighten things up ,  i do hope she does not linger  much longer  but when its time to move on ,i guess it your time  .  it's weird  i suffered with my dad for months and we had to sleep with bells on the doors  and sleep next to doors as he would try to get up and ramble he had to plow  or check the barn ,meds had him so messed up  and was with him when he passed  and  felt like i watched him for an  hour and not 6 months  .weird feeling 

57821785_10156308700170838_4190476222066589696_n.jpg

57384269_10156308700245838_8576201700359012352_n (1).jpg

58378603_10156308700510838_881931260325265408_n.jpg

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Zonny said:

She's waiting for someone to come or someone to leave. 

Sometimes... for someone to give her 'permission'. 

my mom did that , she came to our house  with hospice on a friday  , she had congestive heart failure  was 89   , she had living will etc, and she had defib  put in years ago , and he told me you do not want to see that thing go off its different but people scream and he said its like kicked by a mule , and i had big fight as the cardio doc did not want to turn it off,  big big fight . her kidneys were at 11%  had a pic line with something in it ,   said she could live for days, week , month etc .   me and my wife used baby monitors  so one of use would hear her for anything ,   monday at 1:45  i held her hand and told her " mom you can go if you want to you have my blessing and go be with god" 20 seconds later she took last breathe.  

then the vulture grand children swooped in to say what do i get,  and post on facebook my  dear grandma passed today  etc etc  i will miss her so  and i commented  yeah you really missed her you have not called or come by in 10 years but you really missed her .  the only good that came from this she passed peacefully  and knew it was coming and i was ok because i do not think  anyone wants to linger,  and with her passing i never have to deal with dead beat family members stealing from her  , only call for money but never came to house my mom would drive to meet them , she really had to big of a heart , then years back got irrevocable trust set up  ,everything out her name, bank accounts i took over to pay her bills  and deadbeats did not like that.  anyway im gonna get worked up if i rambled on .    i pray for any family that has vultures in the hen house.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ASH said:

my mom did that , she came to our house  with hospice on a friday  , she had congestive heart failure  was 89   , she had living will etc, and she had defib  put in years ago , and he told me you do not want to see that thing go off its different but people scream and he said its like kicked by a mule , and i had big fight as the cardio doc did not want to turn it off,  big big fight . her kidneys were at 11%  had a pic line with something in it ,   said she could live for days, week , month etc .   me and my wife used baby monitors  so one of use would hear her for anything ,   monday at 1:45  i held her hand and told her " mom you can go if you want to you have my blessing and go be with god" 20 seconds later she took last breathe.  

then the vulture grand children swooped in to say what do i get,  and post on facebook my  dear grandma passed today  etc etc  i will miss her so  and i commented  yeah you really missed her you have not called or come by in 10 years but you really missed her .  the only good that came from this she passed peacefully  and knew it was coming and i was ok because i do not think  anyone wants to linger,  and with her passing i never have to deal with dead beat family members stealing from her  , only call for money but never came to house my mom would drive to meet them , she really had to big of a heart , then years back got irrevocable trust set up  ,everything out her name, bank accounts i took over to pay her bills  and deadbeats did not like that.  anyway im gonna get worked up if i rambled on .    i pray for any family that has vultures in the hen house.

Sorry to here that.  I witnessed that first hand when my MIL passed away.  The youngest sister had been raiding her bank account as if it were her own.  She then decided to take the old family home.  The word vulture is to kind, grifter, and syster come readily to mind.  People are ass-hats, I am sorry for your loss, and the bevy of grave robbers.

Edited by Moshe