Invasive fish

SilverRidge01

Meaning not natural to waterways in Florida if you release em after you catch them and are caught by Florida fish and game u r subject to a $500 fine gotta leave em for the birds to consume ..they get pretty big in the warm waters fun to catch ...

top fish is an Oscar aquarium fish 

second is a cichlid another aquarium fish   

64F2A979-A633-4001-9F94-4BA04D155AF2.jpeg

25780AC2-7C94-4797-86E7-E129B07F53E8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaBud said:

But how do they taste?

I don't eat fish out of the Florida inland waterways too many chemicals and pesticides, bacteria drain off the land into the water, but some of the locals I know will eat em, that Oscar was about to be thrown to a Pelican when this local fella asked whether he could have it, I gladly gave the fish to him and he thanked me profusely ..I guess they build up an immunity to the diseases from the dirty waters over the years living there ....

1 hour ago, BamaBud said:

But how do they taste?

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, SilverRidge01 said:

I don't eat fish out of the Florida inland waterways too many chemicals and pesticides, bacteria drain off the land into the water, but some of the locals I know will eat em, that Oscar was about to be thrown to a Pelican when this local fella asked whether he could have it, I gladly gave the fish to him and he thanked me profusely ..I guess they build up an immunity to the diseases from the dirty waters over the years living there ....

Florida has been having that scummy algae similar to the California Coast which has been killing off their sea life.  I miss fishing, but the lake and river is polluted with the water that came over the dam with Harvey, and then all the bank houses, washed into the waterway.  I miss white bass.