Bringing Things to Life

Moshe

For my wife to enjoy and the children to get a good smell from the pages of scripture, I ordered some Rose of Sharon,  myrrh ,and frankincense.  Smell and remembering something tend to work well in the human mind.  So, I want the concept to become more alive for them.  I thought it was good that my son could actually see a Torah scroll.  Now, when he reads of scrolls, it comes alive for him.  Hearing a shofar makes the scene of Jericho come alive.  Now, that he understand the concept of Mitzvot, the concept comes alive when we are going through my Messianic Jewish Bible.  The concept brings deeper meaning to what is lost in English and Spanish translations.  

• Like 2

Frankincense, Myrrh, and Rose of Sharon have arrived.  Oil of Nard (not like the slang here for nard), but the same anointing oil is on its way that Mary Magdalene anointed Yeshua's feet with.  It is interesting Frankincense was meant for royalty, and Myrrh was often used for embalming.  So, you have Yeshua, the Messiah, as both G-d and man intertwined.  It was acknowledgement of who He was, and who He would become.  As scripture tells us, through one man came death (Adam), and through another Life (Yeshua).  So, it acknowledges Him as King and Savior.  Just a deeper factoid into the process.  The Rose of Sharon, doesn't actually come from roses, though it smells that way, and Yeshua has been referred to as the Rose of Sharon in scripture.

• Like 1