It's hockey playoff season

tous

On 4/11/2019 at 3:22 PM, Eric said:

I think that the only hockey game I ever watched on TV start-to-finish was the Miracle on Ice. I'll never forget that game.

The USA Women's team just walloped the Russian team.

USA!

USA!

USA!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, Mike said:

Haven't seen a hockey game since the 04/05 strike. While growing up my dad had season tickets for the red wings, once I was old enough I started to buy the season tickets for my family also. When the entire NHL went on strike I said enough and haven't watched a game since.

The red wings got a new stadium on the tax payers dime a couple years back and I refuse to go there as well.

It averaged about $200.00 per game we were paying in 2003 and they say they were not getting enough money. Now they get none of mine.

During that strike, a couple of the Sharks players  skated with my team; they were pretty good.   

I had Sharks season tickets since game #1 but canceled a couple years ago when it was no longer an enjoyable sporting event but a money grubbing entertainment event.

Edited by saltwater
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, tous said:

The USA Women's team just walloped the Russian team.

USA!

USA!

USA!

And the USA Women's hockey team wins the IHF World Championship!

Good you you, lasses.

USA USA! USA!

And I revise what I said earlier about sparkling goalies.

Martin Jones of San Jose is the proverbial garden gate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a big professional hockey fan, imho best conditioned athletes are hockey players, skating up and down the ice at that speed, being body checked takes a special tough athlete, it's playoff time in the NHL watched a few games, so far a few upsets and like Tous Said a goalie is a skilled position, try stopping a puck coming at ya at that speed, takes great reflexes and stamina and concentration, last night goalie was hit in the mask, had a big welt on his face but continued to play, that's tough friends .. another game on in an hour ...

56 minutes ago, tous said:

Imagine the days when hockey goalies didn't wear protective masks.  :Alex:

When we started,  we didn't have to wear cages.  By high school, they were required.

I once took a slapshot to the face.  It bent the metal bars enough to come through and hit my glasses,  causing a nasty cut.  Damn near put my eye out.

I pondered for a long time,  what would have happened if I wasn't wearing the cage.

• Like 2

Craig MacTavish was the last NHL player to play without a helmet.

In international hockey, a player that loses his helmet must leave the ice.

In professional hockey, if you lose your helmet, an opposing player just kicks it aside and play goes on.

• Like 1

Also no helmets, no cages, no head protection, some of the fights were bloody battles, Rangers vs flyers with Dave Schultz, many fists fights with that enforcer,  watched Washington vs Carolina and Alex Ovechkin knocked out an Opposing player who challenged him, I mean 3-4 punches to the head and he was out cold ..they had to help him to his feet and help him get to the locker room, shocking stuff but that's part of the game ...

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 2:50 AM, tous said:

If' you don't know what HNIC is, leave this thread, ya numpty.

Hmmmmm.

It appears that the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't won since 1966.

But, they have won the Cup before; thirteen times from back in the Original Six days.

They don't deserve to win if they can't spell 'leaves' correctly.  :miff:

Mind your blood pressure, tous.

• Haha 1

Bye, bye, Bolts.

I hate it when a team with a one goal lead plays to keep from losing.

The old one man forecheck, four men back chuck it out and change up.

It must have seemed to Bobrovsky that the entire third period was played at his feet.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:15 PM, SilverRidge01 said:

That's shocking a sweep of the Penguins never would have thought isles in 4 

One of the 2 recurring themes I noticed in that series was PGH had no sustained pressure in the offensive zone and NYI were blocking a lot of shots before they got to the goal. In the Cup years, PGH blocked a lot of  shots. Defense wins Cups, not over powering pretty offense shootout hockey..

• Like 2

1643175782_willyoree.jpg.4c1cdc36e0283a96f13148e7a2bd6424.jpg
Mr. Willy O`Ree Boston Bruins....
giphy.gif?cid=790b76115caf9ad17a4772596b44e633
and Bob Kraft took some time off from next years Superbowl to root for the best......
Are NHL bookers better than NFL bookers?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk