G30SF

G26S239

I saw this unfired G30SF listed for a good price and had to have it. I had a 30 from 2002 to 2008 when I sold it. I have missed that G30 at times but until now haven't replaced it because I have other good quality compact 45 ACPs to use. Along with the two mags that come standard I had a 10 round magazine still in my safe and ordered two more 10 rounders and got Pearce +0 mag bases for all and have ordered two 9 round mags that should arrive soon.

Here is my 30SF.

IMG_0073.jpg

• Like 1

And the 9 round mags came in today. With 10 round mags the G30SF is similar in size to my USPc 45, which is not a bad size for a 45. But with the 9 rounder it can be made noticeably smaller. Love the Glock subcompacts!

IMG_0076.jpg

I like the G30s better as a carry gun but the G30 SF would make the perfect home defense gun with the Thompson Machine Poseidon 45ACP Suppressor which is only 4.5 inches long an weights only 4 ounces. Federal 230 grain Plus +P is subsonic and the added Plus+P velocity would make up any bullet loss of the shorter barrel and yet the gun would handle like a full size pistol without a suppressor and be much more maneuverable than a pistol caliber carbine in close quarters and easier and more accurate  to shoot with one hand and much more so than a 12 gauge pump shotgun which is very difficult to shoot with one hand.

As I said it would be the perfect home defense gun and could even be loaded with a G21 mag and an X-grip.

272c.JPG

• Like 2