Thanks everyone.

Cougar_ml

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

What a relief.  I thought you were going to say you were leaving.   Some forums require flame retardant suits to participate in. 

nah, I'm not the flouncing type.  If I decide not to be here anymore, short of something major happening, I'll just fade out quietly.  

I just felt that, now that I've seen how some forums operate, that y'all deserved some recognition for being decent hooman beans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Back then,  I don't think you could be banned.

But they came up with a thing that would kick you off until tomorrow.

yeah, well, it was AOL, so what would you expect?

On a side note, my buddy contracted out some computer coding to a guy in Pakistan.  The guy in Pakistan had never seen an AOL CD like they used to send out in the mail all the time.  My buddy shipped him a dozen or two of them.

• Haha 1

I used to participate in DALNET rooms for UNIX, Java and C++ discussions.

They started out well, but quickly became a core group of asshats that lived to deem anyone that asked a question to be several steps below an idiot.

I always tried to answer the questions, but after a time I got tired of doing everyone's homework in the Java rooms.

Now, I'm just an avid Rabbi groupie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Cougar_ml said:

yeah, well, it was AOL, so what would you expect?

On a side note, my buddy contracted out some computer coding to a guy in Pakistan.  The guy in Pakistan had never seen an AOL CD like they used to send out in the mail all the time.  My buddy shipped him a dozen or two of them.

Many an AOL CD died a noble death at the hands of a 230-grainer from my 1911.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

Many an AOL CD died a noble death at the hands of a 230-grainer from my 1911.

We used to take every handfull of the AOL CDs from the front of walmarts and supermarkets.

They all got target-practiced.

Sometimes like skeet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

yeah, I guess I just have one of those faces made for radio.

Not really.  I haven't found anything creepy about your avatar.  Looks like a former military guy who is greying gracefully.  I guess they don't know the decorum you are used to is never smile for a picture or an ID.

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Not really.  I haven't found anything creepy about your avatar.  Looks like a former military guy who is greying gracefully.  I guess they don't know the decorum you are used to is never smile for a picture or an ID.

Yeah, I just wish I wasn't greying so gracefully in my mid 30s (actually been greying since high school)

Good personal time management means that there must be an appropriate time between naps and bed time.  Either one has the potential for interfering with the other.  Knowing when to do which, is perfected through "aging".

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3