Paranormal Activity

Moshe

It has been a couple of years.  We didn't own a cat at the time.  A black cat jumped from the master bedroom bathroom, onto the bed waking both my wife and myself.  We both saw it, felt it land on the bed, and then it evaporated as if it had never been in an instant.  Do I believe in ghosts?  No.  Do I believe there are demons  (fallen angels) and angels?  Yes.  I would classify this not as angel, and do not understand the point to this day.

Interesting. This is the first time that I visit this section and, lo and behold, this came up in first place in the "Forums" index.

Fwiw.

For some reason, every paranormal activity employs a method. No, it is not random. Therefore, we have to use a method to gain insight.

First off the bat, normal physical activity needs to be discounted. For instance---floaters. A bunch of activity can relate, e.g., something fleeting was seen out of the corner of the eye. People interpret it as a ghost, an apparition. BTW, my best regards to "ghosts", former and present.

If normal physical activity cannot explain it away, then I try to attach any present significance to it. In some societies, black cats are synonymous with bad luck, misfortune, bad mojo. In other societies they are the bearers of good tidings, fortune, good luck.   The Talmud speaks very highly of cats. They are not mentioned in the Bible.

And so forth...

Many years ago a black feral kitty appeared on my doorstep. Cutest little thing.  For some time, I placed a plate of milk near the front entrance.  As it turns out, years after I stopped placing the plate of milk he is still with us. He sleeps by the structure of our home and comes and goes as he pleases. Mind you, he's not a great conversationalist, more like a "Hi!" and "Bye!"-type black feral cat, but is always in a rather good mood. I feel honored that he has chosen my home as his bed-time place. Keeps it clean, no odors, not unkempt, as if he was never there. Never named him, AFAIK, he has never named me.  

So the question is, what is the significance of a black cat in one's life? Good? Bad?

And take it from there...

Btw, I'm usually 80-84% Catholic. The rest is all Rosicrucian (AMORC). ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ramjet38 said:

why can't  it be a ghost?  I've witnessed poltergeist activity very close up.

Because the dead are dead, and know nothing.  Kind of like anesthesia.  Dead one moment, nothing, next the resurrection to either life or permanent death.  That is not to say, I have not encountered other paranormal activity.  I have experienced the majority of my life both good and bad.  Some that appears, puts pressure on your bed and is no longer there serves no purpose.  There is no beneficial message there.  I have had independent observation of entities.  I just tried to keep it to myself, until my fiancé who had moved down to be with right before we got our Civil wedding, ran headlong into it.  It knew, I knew what it was.  It wanted to take the form of a woman at the top of the stairs in our apartment.  It was thumping on the stairs calling my future wife's name and she called me on our brand new startek flip phone when those were neat and cool, begging me to come home.  It wasn't exactly a job, when you are in uniform, where you just say "screw it," I am just going to quit my shift and go home.  That would some serious AWOL.  That was her introduction to two sided spiritual world.  The dark part.  

Now, for the purposes of not dividing up the Triune, when it comes to doing work for G-d He usually is plain about what He wants done for His work, His kingdom.  From both scripture, and inspiration.  I write sermons when I used to be asked to give them pretty much from the Torah and the New Testament.  Sometimes,  I am on track, and the Holy Spirit will impress, "Don't give that one, do this."  Usually, because someone might be there who would not receive it well, or He had something else that made a better presentation, and I would scrap it, for what He wanted.  I would always pray before I spoke for a double portion of the Holy Spirit.  When I did that, I was given it.  So, as I was speaking, if I had a section I was going to use, and someone came in from out in public, and would not understand inside information, and would confuse them, I would be halted from sections of what I had written.  If I had a hellacious migraine, it disappeared until I was done speaking, then it would come back and hit me like a jack hammer.

Now, when it comes to our own lives, I have found that the you sometimes get brief glimmers, like, "You are going to have an incident today."  I ask for more information, and it is expected to be taken on faith.  I ended up in the ER that day.  When I could walk pretty fast, I was part of the HIP program (Health Improvement Program), so I would speed walk around the facility, three times around would give you a mile and a half.  I would spend that time in nature communing with the Creator.  He always said, "I have a different plan for your life."  I asked, what?  I was to take it as matter of faith.  But, every time those words hit me like a bobbing blue jay.  A couple years later is when OPMD presented, and I had to retire.  

So, when it comes to our life, faith is required.  When it comes to His work, I found Him to be very specific.  

A long story to explain that I have experienced the paranormal from all sides. 

However, G-d is not a magic gumball machine, He requires faith, as we cannot please Him without it.

Now, I know I spoke in generalities as far as the Triune, trying to avoid Hebrew words to make it more plain.

Also, I understand the Triune can be confusing for some people.  Some view it as three slices of the same circle, while others understand there are Three in Mind, Deed, and Unity.  Essentially, to be simplistic Yeshua (Hebrew name) or Jesus (Greek name), told us if you knew Him you knew the Father.  Basically, they are co-equal and eternal and of the same mind and thought.  This does not fit with Orthodox Judaism to say the least.  Some Messianic places that get jumbled up with a mixture of Orthodox jumbled up with prior Baptist get a bit confused to.  But, I have to say, though I may disagree with the Messianic group on their circle with three pieces idea, I found them to be the most loving, devoted, and doing their best to give proper worship (Adovah) to Yeshua (Jesus).  Gown men don't shake your head, they hug you and greet you like a brother.  I have never found a more graceful group of people, who do their very best to practice the Mitzvot together (Mitzvot  being three different concepts) Torah, scripture for them, as they use the Torah and the NT.  Adovah (worship)  and that is beautiful experience as they clap in rhythm and sing in English and Hebrew.  Messianic music is more G-d focused not like the modern things or the moldy WASPY things.  They dance in a circle, which has long been a way of giving worship since at least the time of David.  There is joy and happiness, and it really isn't a spectacle as it is meant to be holy, Then there is(  Chesed), which means loving kindness to be given to each and others.

So, if you ever hear someone is giving Mitza, or is a Mitza person, that means they embody all those things.  Though, it can in the general sense mean Chesed.  But, technically, if you use it in the proper context, it means all those things.  If you hear Mitzvot, it is the plural of Mitza.

I tried not to get into Hebrew, but those three concepts help explain the Messianic experience pretty well.

• Like 1

Because the dead are dead, and know nothing.

You mean...like Democrats?

Don't mind me, Moshe. I hope that you've read enough of me to know that that is just a reflection of who I am and my thought processes.

I find your post fascinating. And I'm gratified that you've found such purpose in your life.

May the Peace of The Lord be with you always.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I appreciate all humor.  It is a great coping mechanism.  My wife finally clued into it when she was discussing an Orthodox patient that had a macabre sense of humor, and she said, should I laugh, be horrified or what?  It is meant for a laugh.  Because laughing is far better than crying or constantly kvetching.  That is how my sister copes.  My mother called me up this last weekend on my birthday, and she was obviously under the weather.  I thanked her and told her to go rest and get better.  She said, "Oh, no, you are a least pleasant to talk to."  Then she told me a joke, "How long do men talk on the phone to other men? Very briefly.  How husbands and wives talk on the phone?  About ten maybe fifteen minutes and that is pushing it.  How long do women talk to other women?  Maybe half an hour.  How long to daughters talk to their mothers.  Hours and hours."  LOL.

Essentially, she said, "Don't go anywhere for awhile."  She knew the rest of that Shabbat would be listening to my sister bitch (kvetch) about this problem, that problem, this issue, that issue.  Her husband (he is a shmuck), and on and on and on.

So, most of us either find humor, though twisted, it may be-funny.  The other half are like listening to Marvin the Perpetually Depressed Robot from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

• Like 2

For instance, I could say, the Telephone company that is installing fiber optic on property all over the place either blocks my drive, or ruts up my road now that they have permits.  How annoying it is, blah, blah.  Or, I could think it and express it like this:

• Haha 2

Some people ask me about how I could believe in the paranormal. The metaphysical, it's a better term.

For one, I'm Catholic practically since birth and Rosicrucian since I was 13 years old. (Not too adept at math, as clearly shown)

I was forced to believe.

I view the Metaphysical more of a philosophical matrix of reality:  Non Existent god, Non Personal god, and Personal god.  In the following corollaries, you can find every belief and religious system under the sun.  Paranormal for me, just means, something that exists that is not found normally in general.  I am not great at math either, or I would have found another career path.  There are stereo-types that prove the rule.  But, not all people of Jewish descent are wealthy, but many are.  Not all Asians are math geniuses that play musical instruments well, but some do, etc.  

I understand.

My definitions are these. All paranormal activity is metaphysical. But metaphysics is not circumscribed to the paranormal.

My friend Kupta, the time traveller, could explain it very well if I could get him static enough to register in this forum.  It would be a hoot if he could post, say, from two years from now.  You know, when Beto is el presidente...

EDIT: I would register for him but the problem is that his webmail address is not presently in existence.

Edited by Ricordo
Internet future

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

What about the witch of Endor calling up the prophet Samuel's ghost for King Saul?  (In the interest of full disclosure, I don't believe in ghosts, either, which is why this passage is a problem to me).

That pretty much answers it.  A witch summoned a demon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great joy to see my friend, the black feral cat, today  while parking at the driveway. Looks good, doing fine. Hadn't seen him in a long time.

My daughter approached him, while keeping a prudent distance, and he didn't flinch. But he did say "hi".

I still don't see the need to name him. If anything, he just might remain "the cat" or "cat", for short.

It's a good day when you see an old friend doing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My mother believed in her Ouija board.  as a youngster I simply couldn't.  I don't know why, but I just couldn't believe in the paranormal.  

I decided to prove my hypothesis by setting up a test.  I snuck her Ouija board out of her closet, and took it to the basement.  I sat it on the table saw and said, "Ouija board, if you want to live tell me, or I'm going to saw out each and every letter individually".  ( Yes. I actually said this)  My reasoning was the survival of "self" was one of the strongest drives there is.

It didn't say a thing.  So I did.

To say my mother was pissed would be a gross understatement.

• Haha 1