Here is a sizable Lm bass

SilverRidge01

On March 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM, BamaBud said:

Weight?

Not sure, I don't usually weigh the fish I catch, like to take a quick photo and get em back in the water sap, saw on the bass pro shop site they sell a pocket digital scale, just may indulge in one ..we guesstimated that bass was 6-7 easy ..what a sensational fight it put up, got as a gift last year one of those GoPro tiny video camera clones, name is Crosstour, works  just fine maybe I'll take it out fishing with me next time if I remember so we can see some real action stuff ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

You could be the Bill Dance of theboresite!

Why thank you  that would be an honor, I'm just a retired dude making the most of being out in mother natures spectacular surrounding, and thanking the good lord each day for the privilege he has bestowed on me, I'm truly blessed .....

5 hours ago, SilverRidge01 said:

Why thank you  that would be an honor, I'm just a retired dude making the most of being out in mother natures spectacular surrounding, and thanking the good lord each day for the privilege he has bestowed on me, I'm truly blessed .....

Amen, SilverRidge.   Every day you spend outside is a good one.

I watched a couple of Bill's videos after making that post and realized how much i enjoyed his programs.  His blooper reels are hysterical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Amen, SilverRidge.   Every day you spend outside is a good one.

I watched a couple of Bill's videos after making that post and realized how much i enjoyed his programs.  His blooper reels are hysterical.

Some of his bloopers are very funny, a few when he fell out of his bass boat were a riot, all spontaneous unrehearsed reactions are usually very entertaining, like you I enjoy watching them .... 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a lot like a hybrid.  I used to like to charter a boat to fish on the lake around here.  But, after Harvey all the bank houses collapsed into the Trinity and fouled it and the Lake.  White bass was my son's favorite, and I would comeback with my limit, until all of that happened.

• Like 1

Here is another interesting fish caught down here in the freshwaters if so Florida, a nice size Tilapia, good eating also a dinner in a restaurant will set ya back a few bucks ....but, sorry to say I won't eat any fish outa the waters around here, too many pesticides, chemicals, are released into the waterways, tilapia costs about $7-8 a pound, may I should open up a fish market .. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Salmon is my all time favorite.  I can't get a good bagel around here to save my life.  However, with lochs, cream cheese, and capers I do what I can.  At least I can get (not fish) perogies around here.  I had salmon yesterday for dinner.  My wife picked up some lamb for me, she is attempting a goy Passover.  That is fine with me, at least she is trying. :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Salmon is my all time favorite.  I can't get a good bagel around here to save my life.  However, with lochs, cream cheese, and capers I do what I can.  At least I can get (not fish) perogies around here.  I had salmon yesterday for dinner.  My wife picked up some lamb for me, she is attempting a goy Passover.  That is fine with me, at least she is trying. :)

Recently had the most delicious lamp chops at a Long Horns restaurant, only problem is they only serve four on the plate, I could eat at least six, Jewish food is readily available down here in south Florida obviously due to the large Jewish population, I have smoked salmon (lox) on occasion with cream cheese, Greek olives and a slice of onion, most breakfast diners serve it, also enjoy pickled herring in sour cream sauce, if my recollections are correct a non Jewish person is a goy, funny I don't feel like a goy and Passover isn't far away ... 

:cheers: to life !! 

Ah ha just figured out why you can't get a good bagel out there, simple, too many goys, they don't know how to make a good bagel or onion roll like a Jewish person ...

:anim_rofl2:

Edited by SilverRidge01

Unfortunately, places like Palm Beach and Holywood, FL are out my reach, unless I want to live in a condo box.  Goy is slang for gentile.  A non-Jew.  Then you get caught up in the whole mess, your mom's side, and your dad's side has Jewish heritage, but if you are Messianic, you don't count. There is some infighting there, that I refuse to engage in.  I understand the other side's perspective in not trusting Christianity considering it has an anti-Semitic bent even to this day.  Of course, that doesn't make much sense to me, as the Messiah was a Jewish carpenter.  So, why would you be anti-Semitic if you are worshiping a Jewish Carpenter?  And if you are going to blame people like me for killing "Jesus" the Greek name of Yeshua, or "Christ" which is Greek for "Messiah," then why pick on us?  After all it was a Jew that was killed?  I have gone round and round with Christians on that issue.  Though, I have a standing invitation by, now wrap your head around this one, Orthodox Atheists to spend a Shabbat meal with them.  It is an interesting idea, considering he feels my Messianic Judaism is a misnomer.  So, there so many ways to get wrapped around this axel.  Judaism for the most part is cool with anything you do.  Be an Atheist, be a Secularist, be an Orthodox.  But, the one pariah is being Messianic.  There is a reason Messianic groups pack firearms in the synagogue-everyone hates you. LOL

Well I find in life if you want keep your friends for a long time you don't argue or get into negative conversations regarding religion, politics, women, regarding Florida living in a condo box need to totally disagree on that point, my residence is a condo on one of the best freshwater fishing lakes around here, twenty feet from my back door I can catch all the fish I've posted photos of, I lived in Oregon and New York in wilderness areas but you cant take anything away from south Florida if you're a sportsman, we love the dwelling we live in and I hunt hogs, deer, snakes with a handgun, turkeys, birds, with a shotgun,  the total outdoor experience here ..and thank you for the sermon on the Jewish faith .. Don't feel totally like a goy after reading your dissertation only 99 percent ... 

signed your friend 

the Goy ( the gentile for those who don't know what a goy is )

:anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2::anim_rofl2:

• Haha 1