Olight.. I am a fan of their gear

They now offer a combination unit that the light is about 2000 lum and a cabled switch with weapon mount, $173. I am thinking that the switch should be an on/off type switch vs the pressure switch. Is my thinking wrong? Is pressure switch the better mode? Does say Streamlight offer remote switches that are click on/off or are they pressure switches as well?

Edited by ARP

I have the first version of the magnetic switch, with the longer cable.

I don't view the 2000 lumen light as a primary for a weapon system.  It's way too bright for anything in a confined space, where a normal flashlight in the 300-500 lumen range with a broad beam being turned to "on" makes more sense.  Unless you're actively engaging targets at long range and want to just sit there draining your batteries then the momentary switch makes more sense.  Being able to flash it on and off really quickly makes more sense for this type than continuous on.

Remember, Olight's flashlights all claim huge lumen numbers, but those drop off to half or less for most of them after 3-5 minutes of use.  trying to leave this thing "on" for long periods of time will make it go dim until you turn it off and let it cool down.  Great for initial shock and blinding people, especially in anything other than full daylight.  

As for streamlight, no idea, I haven't played with them or looked at the higher end lights because I'm not an "operator" and they are out of my price range, unable to justify cost vs usefulness for me.

I just bought this when they had their sale for $104? ish.

I mounted it on my patrol rifle.  The light really lit up an abandoned warehouse we had to search last night.  The throw is impressive. 

Only issue I had was shadowing of my suppressor but that's to be expected.  No issues if I remove the suppressor.  The switch can do momentary or constant on.

There is a drop off after a few minutes, but it's still bright enough to work with indoors and outdoors.

The rest of our rifle WMLs are our old TLR-1s that we moved over when we switched to the 1HL on our handguns.  Hey, we're poor, we make do with what we can get.

Even my patrol rifle is mixed.  It's a mil-surplus M16 lower, with a donated collapsible stock, and the upper was switched out with a 10.5" LMT upper that was traded in by another department and donated to me.