GLOCK USA - PARTS Refusal

user

I wonder if folks know that buying internal factory Glock pistol parts from Glock USA is now pretty much prohibited, unless you have an *active (i.e., not expired) Glock Certificate for the 'successful completion' of one of Glocks armorer courses?

The re-activation of one's Certificate (for the successful completion of one of Glocks armorer course) is as simple as paying Glock USA $300-$400 for the course, plus time and travel expenses, and repeating the same class you took last time.  No *active Certificate = no parts.   

Edited by user

• 6 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, blueiron said:

They've done this since the 1980s. Same with H und K, FN, Steyr, and others.

Colt won't sell parts because they don't even have enough for their own use. 

I don't think so. I was a novice in the late nineteen nineties; living in Atlanta with easy access to Smyrna and friendly folks. I always purchased factory made replacement parts from Glock for my Glock because anything else is just good luck. I got my basic armorer course on the *original Glock Talk Forum  because most folks back then traded in the Facts. After moving to Texas in early 2007, I used the Armorer's Parts list, paid cost for parts and a $5-$10 mailing fees. I didn't attend a actual Glock Course until 2011 where I was awarded a Certificate, not a "Certification", and continued to get my parts at cost until the 'Certificate' expired. Then I was blackballed for life, or a new Certificate (course cost) which i choose not to, thank you. That was when some foul soul inserted his/her capitalistic ways in to Perfection while nobody was looking. The younger generation thinks this is ok; of course almost all of them don't know $%^#. I have retired from the cause, and beg strangers for help when I need something off the armorers list; but just wait until I ask them for replacement of all the internal springs for a Gen 3 G33.  Adios.   

Edited by user

• 8 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 9:43 PM, Paul53 said:

Course is too rich for my budget.

Paul 53:   we need to get in with Mr. Pistolay. he seems to have money to burn. By the way sir, you comment "As far as I know, that's not a change of policy. And you can buy those parts from third party sources."  You are incorrect. This IS a change in policy!  Regarding third party parts, they are often *Not made by Glock. Here's hoping you don't have a slide lock spring failure. Anyone who can hip hip hooray this policy is suspect. No disrespect bud, but just a bit.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, blueiron said:

They've done this since the 1980s. Same with H und K, FN, Steyr, and others.

Colt won't sell parts because they don't even have enough for their own use. 

Not so Senor El Patron....but who cares. I run my glock with springs from 'Rock Your Glock' or Cool Dudes have more fun with a faulty piece.

Edited by user