Cop types, vaping questions, I know it is going to happen

ARP

I was doing a charter today to a ski area, a few of the millenial types had the vaping pens out and were puffing up a storm and passing them around to all in the party. The owner of the one pen was warning those that partook of his substance to be careful as it will "hit" you suddenly, so don't inhale too much. I am assuming by his comments that he had ?CBD? oil and it was concentrated and was giving a larger dose as a result. I see this stuff a lot in the past year and I can not smell the classic skunk smell that burnt weed produced, so the vapers are flying under the radar, so they think.

I read a little that the oils/substances that have nicotine are federally regulated. What about the CBD? Hearing that something like 70% is snake fake oil and the rest is a crap shoot as far as potency. Have any of you ran across a fentynal laced oil yet? I ask because the one millenial that was tokin up a cloud all day became ill on the return trip, most likely from drinking too much whiskey but I suspect that combined with the vapor it sure did not help. I suspect that laced stuff will be the next big thing.

• 2 weeks later...

The vape pens are hard to deal with. We don’t really have a protocol yet.  We come across them with suspected THC oil all the time and have taken them and sent them to forensic science for analysis. But I haven’t successfully charged anyone yet. . The DA in our area isn’t keen on it. To new I guess.