Miracle at the Walmart Ammo Counter

DrB

Went there this morning.  Peeked my head over the counter and less then 2 seconds a young lady a couple of aisles over  ask me if she could help me.  Had the key for the case even...  Bought a couple of boxes of 38 special +P.  Usually it's a ghost town over there.

Dave..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I have that problem every time I go to Walmart. Usually now I go to view what they have in the case, and if I see anything I want to buy I then scour the aisles of the sporting goods department until I find a clerk and ask for help. Usually, even when I find someone, they have to call for someone else who has the keys to the ammo cabinet. Sometimes this is a PITA, but I'm retired, and time is something I have plenty of. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrB said:

Went there this morning.  Peeked my head over the counter and less then 2 seconds a young lady a couple of aisles over  ask me if she could help me.  Had the key for the case even...  Bought a couple of boxes of 38 special +P.  Usually it's a ghost town over there.

Dave..

Was she hot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had to stop back in this morning for some stuff I forgot.  Noticed they had 4, 100 Round Value packs of Remington SJHP 125 GR. +P.  Saw a girl in a couple isles over.  She called for help.  Amazing..... within a minute another girl was at the counter with the key...   I'm thinking I must be in a dream.  They had what I am looking for and the person with the key is right there...  And no.... they were not that hot.....

I have to stock up because I have another new Colt Cobra on the way.  This one is the Night Cobra.

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Like 1

I'm all obsessed with contactless payment these days. I use Apple Pay and the bride uses Google Pay. Walmart politely declined my payment on my last visit. Apple pay is secure and doesn't give the merchant your name or cc number. This doesn't sit well with Walmart. They want you to download their intrusive personal data collecting software app to use their exclusive  version of mobile pay. Too many other places to buy ammo who are more than happy to accept my money. :)

I used to run by the ammo counter at the local Walmart once a week and buy a few hundred count boxes of 9mm or .40 ammo just to buil and maintain some invetory. The counter was always manned by the same older gentelman who was always friendly and ready to help.

then came the Obama ammo shortages and I guess the old guy got tired of having to tell people "sorry, we are out of that" . I havent seen him or anyone else there in some time. :-(