Unintentional?

Eric

• Administrators

OPELIKA, Ala. -- A car crashed into a highway divider directly across the road from President Donald Trump's passing motorcade on Friday. 

Eyewitness video taken from the side of the road shows a midsize black SUV as it apparently lost control in a southbound lane and hit a barrier along Interstate 85, a divided highway near Opelika, Alabama. The president's motorcade of law enforcement vehicles and black SUVs passed in a northbound lane on the other side of the road without incident as the vehicle involved in the crash slowed to a halt. 

"Oh my god, right at the president! Are you kidding me? Holy smokes!" a bystander on the side of the road could be heard saying after the crash. 

https://6abc.com/car-crashes-into-highway-median-as-trump-motorcade-passes/5179504/

I don’t believe for one second that this was anything less than a deliberate attempt to ram the president’s vehicle. 

• Like 2

If intentional, it failed. Another liberal cut off their nose to spite their face. If accidental (I could see ME gawking at the Second-Baddest-Ass-President of my lifetime and crashing against the rail), it sucks for the driver. I really wonder how many potshots at Obama were covered up, and how many unsuccessful potshots at President Trump are NOT reported by the media.

We really are living in Bizarro World. In interesting times, and all of us Conservative and Libertarians have come to the attention of those in power. This is a fight for the Republic that Ben Franklin spoke of, when he replied to the question "What kind of government do we have?"

"A Republic. IF you can keep it."

Think long and hard on those words, Friends. I fear our times are about to get- uh, interesting-er.

• Like 6

Driver lost focus and plowed the barrier.

Call it a distracted driver.

Happens all the time by our local university.  Male biker wraps himself around stop sign while looking at pretty coed.  Coed found standing over him saying I'm sorry as the EMTs strap him to a board and slap on a neck brace.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Eric said:

https://6abc.com/car-crashes-into-highway-median-as-trump-motorcade-passes/5179504/

I don’t believe for one second that this was anything less than a deliberate attempt to ram the president’s vehicle. 

If that was intentional the would-be attacker was a moron.  I've seen those cables rip the rear axle out from under a pickup truck.  Ripped it the f out.

I'm not seeing anything normal getting through that.  Plus if you did get TO The Beast, what are you going to do then?  It would literally probably take an anti-tank rocket to damage it.

• Like 2

I am also guessing it was an idiot watching the motorcade and not the road.

If the cable were not there and the person was actually going to ram the motorcade, which vehicle would they want to hit? It looked like at least 2 SUV's that appeared identical plus a bunch of other vehicles. How would they know which one is the President actually riding in? 

On 3/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, Mike said:

I am also guessing it was an idiot watching the motorcade and not the road.

If the cable were not there and the person was actually going to ram the motorcade, which vehicle would they want to hit? It looked like at least 2 SUV's that appeared identical plus a bunch of other vehicles. How would they know which one is the President actually riding in? 

CNN and MSNBC