Lieutenant goes missing after chewing out command sergeant major

pipedreams

"CAMP HUMPHREYS, Korea – Alpha Company soldiers and military police are still searching for 2nd Lt. Trevor Senseman after he reportedly ordered the brigade command sergeant major to stand at the position of attention before addressing him, sources confirmed today.

“No one has seen or heard from him in three days,” said Capt. Andrew Upshaw, the Alpha Company commander. “I know every LT has their screw-ups, but this? Not good.”"

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/02/lieutenant-goes-missing-after-chewing-out-command-sergeant-major/

"Jackson refused to speak with reporters but replied in an email that “Senseman wouldn’t be the second lieutenant to have wandered off and gotten lost and likely won’t be the last.”"

Edited by pipedreams
  • Haha 5

Yeah, sounds like something a butter bar would do. 

ours only got lost for a day or two at a time, just don't ask them to give directions to the driver of a vehicle.  Amazingly enough, the butter bar and the E3 managed to successfully complete a 17 point turn in an LMTV with 5 lanes of available traffic to drive through.  

Only issue with this article, it stopped being "Camp" Humphreys about 12 years ago, and became "USAG" Humphreys.  I should know, I was there at the time.

8 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Yeah, sounds like something a butter bar would do. 

ours only got lost for a day or two at a time, just don't ask them to give directions to the driver of a vehicle.  Amazingly enough, the butter bar and the E3 managed to successfully complete a 17 point turn in an LMTV with 5 lanes of available traffic to drive through.  

Only issue with this article, it stopped being "Camp" Humphreys about 12 years ago, and became "USAG" Humphreys.  I should know, I was there at the time.

Haven't heard the term butter bar in a long time.  Pretty well describes some of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Haven't heard the term butter bar in a long time.  Pretty well describes some of them.

We had a good one for a while in my company, he went green to gold, so he knew all the tricks for us spec 4's when we were trying to get out of doing something.  Fortunately, his viewpoint was if you weren't smart enough to find a way to avoid something, it was your own fault.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, pipedreams said:

"CAMP HUMPHREYS, Korea – Alpha Company soldiers and military police are still searching for 2nd Lt. Trevor Senseman after he reportedly ordered the brigade command sergeant major to stand at the position of attention before addressing him, sources confirmed today.

“No one has seen or heard from him in three days,” said Capt. Andrew Upshaw, the Alpha Company commander. “I know every LT has their screw-ups, but this? Not good.”"

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/02/lieutenant-goes-missing-after-chewing-out-command-sergeant-major/

"Jackson refused to speak with reporters but replied in an email that “Senseman wouldn’t be the second lieutenant to have wandered off and gotten lost and likely won’t be the last.”"

You had me going there until I saw the link......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, NWPA said:

I always heard that the most dangerous thing in Viet Nam was a 2nd Lt. with a map.

My dad was a Lt in Vietnam.  Infantry Platoon commander.

What may have helped was he was in supply or something else for a short time before being put in the field.  Kinda helped him figure out which way was up I guess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AZ Husker said:

Best lieutenant I ever had was prior enlisted.

Same here. Former E-5 from a Ranger Batt.

That guy couldn't march for ****, but he could land nav his ass off. I spent a year as his RTO and he turned out to be a really nice guy.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AZ Husker said:

Best lieutenant I ever had was prior enlisted.

Mustangs understand.  Sort of how I worked with street hire Special Agents who treated the uniform guys like crap, and had to learn the hard way.  Coming from uniform to that position, I made friends easily and worked side-by-side with them.  So, when I needed the help they were there.  The nose in the air street hires were on their own.

The best LT I ever had was ROTC. Came into the unit as a Special Weapons Officer and didn’t have any idea what it was about.

took me off to the side on Friday and said”Look Chief, I dont know what I’m doing. Can you teach me so I dont look like a moron?”

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday in the section room with him. He bought lunch and by the next week he was one of the best SWO in the Battalion.

I liked those kind of LTs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On one occasion, the new OCS Ensign assigned as Operations Officer on my ship, sat cross legged on the radio shack floor and cried.  I felt bad for him, but he should never have broken the key off in the crypto room lock.   

This was after he strafed the flying bridge with a Thompson during an shooting exercise.  Poor guy was out of his element.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AZ Husker said:

Going from a SEAL to a maintenance supervisor is a downward spiral, not a promotion. He couldn't cut it before.

Actually it's an upgrade.  SEAL enlisted Master Chief to Officer equilvelent is an upgrade.  Also when you're older and humpin the bush its best to go into seal training for new recruits or upgrade yourself to officer staus into another MOS.

Edited by Ramjet38
  • Like 1