LEO Encounter Yesterday

light-switch

Traffic stop. Was going (according to the LEO) 17 over in a 35 zone. I wasn't even paying attention, but was driving safely (straight country road, daylight, dry conditions, just got distracted with the news report on the radio about Irma). Was slowing down to a stop at the sign, got lighted up by the cruiser behind. Pulled over into the parking lot of an abandoned gas station.

Both hands on the steering wheel. Windows all opened. Waited for the officer to approach. When he came, he spoke first telling me my speed and asking if there was any reason. I told him sorry I had no idea I was going that fast, just listening to radio and didn't realize I was speeding. I'm also carrying a loaded firearm. Officer asked where the firearm was, and where my wallet was. Told him. He said reach your wallet slowly, and make no sudden movements.

Got my docs to him, and he went back to his car. I realized I never gave him my conceal carry license, nor did he ask for it. I'm in PA but was stopped in OH, a must-inform State. I thought about providing the CCW license to him when he came back, but decided to do so if he asked. He never did. Just gave me the ticket.

I said sorry and thanks. We parted ways. Officer was polite and professional. I was unlucky. The end.

ETA: No joinder was made, and he was not wearing his hat. :D

Edited by light-switch

On 9/10/2017 at 6:05 PM, light-switch said:

I'm also carrying a loaded firearm.

I believe that may have tipped him off that you were 'legally' carrying with the appropriate PA permit. I cannot remember hearing too many stories of bad guys declaring their firearms.

• Like 2

On September 10, 2017 at 7:11 PM, JJHNSN said:

"I wasn't even paying attention..."

And there you go...

Funny, my wife got busted doing 17 over in a 35mpg zone yesterday and she said to me, "I didn't realize I was driving that fast."

Yup...well, duh.

:)

did she get the ticket as well, or she had the hawt advantage I did not? ?