Samsung folds...

TBO

I'll just stick with my 1990's technology flip phone. All I need is a simple basic phone with only two basic functions: To make calls and to receive calls. Hello and Goodbye.

I spent most of my life in the last century and had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I'll just stick with my 1990's technology flip phone. All I need is a simple basic phone with only two basic functions: To make calls and to receive calls. Hello and Goodbye.

I spent most of my life in the last century and had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.

I do use mine for podcsts and a few other things but people seem to be way too enamored with their phones these days.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:48 PM, Huaco Kid said:

I read about a new phone that has six cameras.  Why?  I don't know.

It would look funny after I covered all of them.

No need to cover them. They all have different functions to cover many different aspects of taking pictures that just one single sensor could never compete with. There are far more people that only want one device to cover all needs when out and about such as computer, phone, texting, internet, camera etc...

On 2/20/2019 at 11:53 PM, Duluth said:

The price phones is getting out of control. My wedding cost less than that phone. The divorce was a little more expensive though but freedom is never free.

It's really not if you take into consideration what you get from most new devices let alone this new folding device. Some people want multiple devices to handle different tasks; desktop, laptop, tablet, cell etc... but I can see how a foldable device like this would appeal to a small-mediumish number of people that don't spend much time at home but still want a decent sized device and screen for their regular computer and internet activities. This device isn't meant for everybody. It's meant for people that really only want one device or just love the latest and greatest tech being pushed out. The cost of this device really isn't too bad considering the technology you get from it especially if you look at the cost of the first "ultra-portable" laptops that started coming out several years ago.

9 hours ago, windowasher said:

That should appeal to people who have more dollars than sense

Nah...the people that can afford this kind of tech are the ones that are also helping fund greater tech make it's way into other, more regular day to day devices. Fueling innovation is never a bad thing regardless how useless you may think it is or how useless it is to you.