Multi caliber PCC Too good to be true?

Borg warner

This looks like A good idea and I like the looks of it and I wish Glock would adopt this type of platform for a Glock Carbine or Short barreled "Pistol" with stabilizing brace. They have these at the shot show and suggested retail is only $799. But I see one potential flaw to the design and nothing I've read about these guns makes any mention of it. Supposedly you can get magazines and barrels in 22 LR. , 5.7 FN, 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 10mm, and 45 ACP and it can use Glock mags in most of those calibers.

But it doesn't say anything about interchangeable bolt carriers with different recoil springs and different bolt faces, extractors and ejectors. A 22 lomg rifle wouls hvw ro have a much different bolt face, extractor, ejector, and firing pin location than a 45 ACP! Here's the write-up on the gun:

The FightLite MXR multi-caliber platform

The barrels are interchangable – on a user level without tools – to .22LR, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, 45ACP and FN 5.7 x 28mm. and the MXR can be converted to enable common pistol magazines, made by Glock, Sig, Beretta, CZ, S&W etc. The end of the barrel is threaded to accommodate suppressors or muzzle brakes.

The FightLite MXR will be available in pistol, carbine and select-fire submachine gun configurations.

The Message from FightLite Industries:

The one product that you absolutely don’t want to miss at SHOT Show 2019 is the new pistol caliber MXR® from FightLite® Industries! The patent-pending FightLite® MXR® is a multi-caliber platform that is primarily chambered in 9mm and is caliber convertible at the user level without tools to include .22LR, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, 45ACP and FN 5.7 x 28mm. The compact MXR® is suppressor capable via a threaded barrel, and will also convert to accept a variety of common pistol magazine types including those from Glock, Sig, Beretta, CZ, S&W, and many others.

Available in pistol, carbine and select-fire submachine gun models suitable for civilian, law enforcement and military use. Manufactured in the USA of aerospace grade materials, the MXR® features MIL-STD 1913 rails at the 6-12 o’clock positions and Magpul® M-Lok interfaces at 3-9 positions of its monolithic receiver for optimum strength and accessory retention. Also included as standard equipment for the MXR® are some ambidextrous controls, M4 compatible fire control and grip interface, AR stock/brace interface and a left-side charging handle for quick and easy use without taking your head out of the fight.

>The compact and reliable FightLite® MXR® leads the pistol caliber carbine market with a lightweight and accurate product that improves user and agency logistics and ammunition management by permitting its users to have complete caliber and magazine commonality between their choice of everyday sidearm and their FightLite® MXR®.

“MXR…One Weapon, ANY Mission!”

235mxr.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Borg warner said:

This looks like A good idea and I like the looks of it and I wish Glock would adopt this type of platform for a Glock Carbine or Short barreled "Pistol" with stabilizing brace. They have these at the shot show and suggested retail is only $799. But I see one potential flaw to the design and nothing I've read about these guns makes any mention of it. Supposedly you can get magazines and barrels in 22 LR. , 5.7 FN, 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 10mm, and 45 ACP and it can use Glock mags in most of those calibers.

But it doesn't say anything about interchangeable bolt carriers with different recoil springs and different bolt faces, extractors and ejectors. A 22 lomg rifle wouls hvw ro have a much different bolt face, extractor, ejector, and firing pin location than a 45 ACP! Here's the write-up on the gun:

The FightLite MXR multi-caliber platform

The barrels are interchangable – on a user level without tools – to .22LR, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, 45ACP and FN 5.7 x 28mm. and the MXR can be converted to enable common pistol magazines, made by Glock, Sig, Beretta, CZ, S&W etc. The end of the barrel is threaded to accommodate suppressors or muzzle brakes.

The FightLite MXR will be available in pistol, carbine and select-fire submachine gun configurations.

The Message from FightLite Industries:

The one product that you absolutely don’t want to miss at SHOT Show 2019 is the new pistol caliber MXR® from FightLite® Industries! The patent-pending FightLite® MXR® is a multi-caliber platform that is primarily chambered in 9mm and is caliber convertible at the user level without tools to include .22LR, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, 45ACP and FN 5.7 x 28mm. The compact MXR® is suppressor capable via a threaded barrel, and will also convert to accept a variety of common pistol magazine types including those from Glock, Sig, Beretta, CZ, S&W, and many others.

Available in pistol, carbine and select-fire submachine gun models suitable for civilian, law enforcement and military use. Manufactured in the USA of aerospace grade materials, the MXR® features MIL-STD 1913 rails at the 6-12 o’clock positions and Magpul® M-Lok interfaces at 3-9 positions of its monolithic receiver for optimum strength and accessory retention. Also included as standard equipment for the MXR® are some ambidextrous controls, M4 compatible fire control and grip interface, AR stock/brace interface and a left-side charging handle for quick and easy use without taking your head out of the fight.

>The compact and reliable FightLite® MXR® leads the pistol caliber carbine market with a lightweight and accurate product that improves user and agency logistics and ammunition management by permitting its users to have complete caliber and magazine commonality between their choice of everyday sidearm and their FightLite® MXR®.

“MXR…One Weapon, ANY Mission!”

235mxr.JPG

Select fire would be a problem unless the actual firing mechanism is not prior to May 1986.    Honestly, I wouldn't want something that small as a select fire.  You are in UZI territory.  The system would be robust, but good for close up SD.  Honestly, fully auto doesn't do much for me.  I would use a full auto M-4 on qual days for five years.  I would tickle the trigger for accuracy and qualification.  However, I would have it on hot standby when carrying it (not one chambered), and when I did, I kept it on semi.  I saw to many armory M-4's on qual day jam up on full auto.  The fun switch, in my mind was for suppressive fire, or I am screwed anyway, take as many of these bastards out with me.

Edited by Moshe

7 hours ago, Moshe said:

Select fire would be a problem unless the actual firing mechanism is not prior to May 1986.    Honestly, I wouldn't want something that small as a select fire.  You are in UZI territory.  The system would be robust, but good for close up SD.  Honestly, fully auto doesn't do much for me.  I would use a full auto M-4 on qual days for five years.  I would tickle the trigger for accuracy and qualification.  However, I would have it on hot standby when carrying it (not one chambered), and when I did, I kept it on semi.  I saw to many armory M-4's on qual day jam up on full auto.  The fun switch, in my mind was for suppressive fire, or I am screwed anyway, take as many of these bastards out with me.

I've fired Uzi's full auto a couple of times and it's a challenge to stay on target but it can be done even though you run out of ammo pretty quick. I think a variant of one of these guns has been awarded a contract to submit a select fires sub gun for evaluation weapons under the Sub Compact Weapon (SCW) program. That is why they mention a select fire gun, not because any such gun would be necessarily available to the public. 

My interest in the gun is that it's lightweight and compact and that I could have one in either 10mm or 45 auto, either as a Pistol caliber carbine with a 16 inch barrel or as a more compo0act "Pistol" with a brace. I like PCC's that are different from AR based PCC's. I think if you're going to have a pistol caliber carbine that is the same size as an AR15 you might as well just have an AR15. Currently, my favorite PCC is a Glock 20 with a Mechtech upper and the collapsible skeleton stock.

But as I said in the original post, the big question is how can one of these guns accommodate different calibers with different bolt faces with differently located extractors and ejectors without using different bolt carriers??? having to change Bolt carries would increase conversion costs but I don't see any other way it could be done.

Edited by Borg warner

My interest would be SBR, with a can to match whatever pistol caliber I was carrying, to be lightweight and give the bullet extra spin an FPS.  It would be good for clearing buildings that way, and you can always fall back to your handgun, and not worry about two sets of ammo.  But, they probably have you buy different extractors, and a general pistol magazine catch.  Also that looks like a twist castle nut holding the barrel in place, so there will probably be a barrel swap.  So, I suspect, you get the caliber of your choice for the entry fee of 799.00 and then you pay to play for all the other calibers.  Not to mention the 200.00 tax stamp for the suppressor, and the short adjustable stock that could be added with some tweaking.  I know my Glock 21C is loud as hell.  A suppressor on this weapon system would stop the ear killing and the inevitable blinding fireball.

Edited by Moshe