Someone Keeps Killing My Livestock at Night and Vandalizing Structures

Moshe

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 ;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

I guess, this is the law I will have to work under, on cold nights.  The hate crime of making animal sacrifices on my land, and kicking in structures seems sufficient.

3 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

What state are you in?  What is going on?  Cops won't do anything?

Texas.  The last time I called an SO, they didn't do anything but try to treat me like crap, and that call was far more serious.  The actors on that were not even warned or cited.  I figure I am on my own.

1 minute ago, Moshe said:

Texas.  The last time I called an SO, they didn't do anything but try to treat me like crap, and that call was far more serious.  The actors on that were not even warned or cited.  I figure I am on my own.

Are you close to Mexico border?  I don't think I would kill someone for that but I would do things to insure they don't do it again - not physically able.  Sounds like a **** sandwich.

When we were kids (my best friends were farmers),  we'd get paid to camp out around the fields, especially halloween (pumpkins).  We were expected to have bottle rockets and shotguns.  Me, and a couple of us would be at this corner of the field,  my brother and his friends would be down there,  someone's brother and their friends would be over there....

Most people we caught (kids), I knew (I lived in the 'hood).  We'd let them have one free pumpkin,  and pay for the rest.  By then,  the big brothers would have shown up and the thieves would have to go home and change their underwear.

I was a Regulator!!!

Nice.  I never thought of that before.

5 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Are you close to Mexico border?  I don't think I would kill someone for that but I would do things to insure they don't do it again - not physically able.  Sounds like a **** sandwich.

Deep East Texas.  I live out in SO territory.  The one that is closest to here is an *******.  I do have a friend who is an SO, that is Hispanic, that I knew before he became an SO, great guy.  The Sherriff himself is top notch.  But, no matter where I work there has always been "that guy," and the one that responds from my general area defines the word inept ********.

Edited by Moshe

If a truck should show up, after midnight,  and a bunch of people started filling it up,  the big brother's would be first in line.

You didn't get arrested,  or shot,  but your truck was probably inoperative, in short order.

If it was still there after a couple days,  you didn't have a truck anymore.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

If I lived on the Mexico Border, that would simple.  In the past, before my time, if someone needed killing the USBP would hand the Mexican Immigration guy on the other side a box of bullets with an understanding, that this person was never to be seen again.  As far as being on the Border, it was a great place for bodies as they were too many to count out there to begin with.  Though, one rancher did get busted when he had some illegals on his land, killed them, and tried a mass grave.  He didn't dig deep enough.  The closest I have come to this was frank conversation with the Mexican Consulate.  An illegal just got out of a 25 year stretch for shooting dead a good Samaritan for trying to help him when his vehicle was stranded just to do it.  The illegal was a psychopath, it was like looking into a shark's eyes.  The Mexican Consulate took very quick furious notes as I explained who he was, what he did, and the fact that he would continue to do that to his citizens.  I suspect he is in a hole someplace by suggestion of the Mexican Consulate.  But, technically, all I did was my job as the Mexican Consulate came by regularly, to check on his countrymen, and I was only be helpful.

• Eric locked this topic