Would you ever buy a display case handgun?

Duluth

On 2/17/2019 at 12:40 AM, Duluth said:

So I bought a Glock 19 4th gen today. The only one they had was the display model. I took it home and broke it down and everything looked fine. Should I be concerned it was a display gun?

It was brand new.

Well I brought it to the range today. I put 800 rounds through it and it ran without a flaw. No concerns now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:40 AM, Duluth said:

So I bought a Glock 19 4th gen today. The only one they had was the display model. I took it home and broke it down and everything looked fine. Should I be concerned it was a display gun?

It was brand new.

It's kind of the same as "Is the glass half full or half empty"?  If the firearm is in new condition with no scratches, dents, dings or other assorted things that could be wrong with it, I look upon it as a glass half full.  A lot of people may have looked at and fondled the gun, even drooled over it, but I'm the first one to realize its true value and make it mine.

• Like 2

The guns I buy usually are not readily available  when I want them.  Some I have looked for, for up to 2 years.    I have found that I buy them when I find them, and the important thing to me is that I got what I wanted.  I don't worry about if or how it was displayed.  The internals are easily replaced.  The question is, "Did I get what I wanted".  Not where did it come from or how was it shown.

• Like 5