Secret revealed, pancakes

ARP

Some of the best tasting pancakes as far as I'm concerned are from Cracker Barrel. Somehow, when they cook them they have a crusty top. So I asked how did they do that. The waitress said that they let the batter rest once they make it for about 20 minutes, and it must be a quality mix. I have been using Krustez lately. They have a recipe for a peanut butter and banana cakes, good stuff.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, geofri said:

I think I once heard you need to make the batter and refrigerate overnight? 

i suppose you could do that, but I am just going by what the waitress told me. Next time I make some I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

I have refrained from being excited when my wife claims she is making pancakes.  Half the time it ends up being like a Swedish tortilla.  She also doesn't appreciate her "panuacken" or whatever it is called, a doughy pan that should have been pancakes that I call "pan-o-cock-in"  My late Mother-in-Law made me eat Ludafisk.  Basically, fish with lye that turns it into something that makes hospital JELLO delightful.  Of, course I got myself in trouble again by calling Ludacris.

Edited by Moshe